Confused about banks

Phil

Inspired
Hello,

I use an FC12 and my bank size is 10.I try to do the following:
Footswitch 1 in bank 0 is preset 10
Footswitch 1 in bank 1 is preset 4.

What I mean is can you select any preset in any bank wthout being dependant on the preset# in the Axe FX III?

I hope this makes sense( not easy to explain in english for me)

Thanks,
Phil.

Preset selection is possible in several ways.

When using banks you need to worry not only about Bank Size but also how your FC layout is setup.

Make sure your buttons for changing banks are using the Bank Increment/Decrement switch type OR that you use Preset Increment/Decrement with the +/- matching Bank Size.

To select any preset in a bank without a specific number you need to make sure your preset switches use the Preset in Bank function.

So for a bank size of 10, your layout needs 10 preset switches. Each switch with use Preset in Bank with values from 1-10.

Thank you for the reply,
but am I right when I think that bank 0 can only contain preset 1 to 10, bank 1 can only contain preset 11 to 20 and so forth when the banksize is 10?

Phil.

The Bank is what section of the presets you’re in. You need to change banks to access other presets. Or just assign the presets you want directly to switches and don’t use banks.

Or rearrange presets on the Axe itself so the things you need are closer to each other.

You can also scramble things up using preset mapping in the midi section of the AXE-III front panel to give you more flexibility as to which preset gets called up. For example, if preset 11 normally comes up as the first preset in Bank 1, you can map preset 11 to preset xxx and that preset will come up instead of 11.

@quark has it: if you want virtual banks containing your choice of presets, turn on custom mapping in the Axe-Fx III.

My guess is that you are trying to program sets/songs?

Back
Top Bottom