Any risk operating AxeFx-II on its side?

Title says it all but for context I’ve moved into a small space and am trying to set up the most practical and open workflow I can.

I’d like to have the AxeFx-II standing vertically as opposed to usual horizontal placement so it can best fit.

Any risk to the AxeFx operating it this way?

Cheers x Dawes

also set your output to +/- 90 degrees (depending on which side it's sitting) to make sure it doesn't sound side ways ;)

Keep in mind, if the Axe-Fx has been on the horizontal for most of it’s life, you may risk crashing the hard drive inside due to the change in direction of the force pushing down on the read-write arm inside the hard drive. 😉

Title says it all but for context I’ve moved into a small space and am trying to set up the most practical and open workflow I can.

I’d like to have the AxeFx-II standing vertically as opposed to usual horizontal placement so it can best fit.

Any risk to the AxeFx operating it this way?

Cheers x Dawes

I keep my on its side so that the screen is near the floor. That way the hot air from the internal power supply and the processors rises away from the radiating parts to other side of the unit and out of the large holes I cut in the sides to allow air to pass through. Probably unnecessary :)

Last edited:
Haha thanks guys for these incredibly helpful replies. So far the oil dribbling up and out of the compressor hasn't prohibited cooling nor impacted power consumption!

I keep my on its side so that the screen is near the floor. That way the hot air from the internal power supply and the processors rises away from the radiating parts to other side of the unit and out of the large holes I cut in the sides to allow air to pass through. Probably unnecessary :)

NMG, thanks man, would've not even considered stuff like that.

Piing, waaaay into that book binder MIDI controller!

Back
Top Bottom