Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.00

I just tried it again several times.

1. Select flanger block.
2. Select Channel A
3. Click on the dot on the manual button while holding down the control button on Mac.
4. Click on the source window and then select External 2.
5. Click on the Channel window and select channel A.
So now you have set channel A to have the external 2 pedal control the manual, just for channel A.

6. Select Channel B
7. Click on the dot on the manual button while holding down the control button on Mac.
8. Click on the source window and then select None
9. Click on the Channel window and select channel B.
So now you have set channel B to None, just for channel B.

Save the preset.

Now go back and look at channel A and it will be reset back to All.

Even if you set all 4 channels differently, whatever you set the last one to they will all switch back to either none or All.

I am on Axe XIII firmware 12.
Axe Edit III 1.04.02 RC 1
FC-12 firmware 1.10
I-Mac 10.13.3

Edit: Ok I just went back to Firmware 11.01 and Axe Edit 1.04 and it is doing the exact same thing as I describe above.
This can't be correct behavior. Why even give us the option in the edit modifier of All, Channel A, B, C, or D if no matter what we choose it always reverts back to All for every channel.
Steps 6-9 in your example aren't correct steps. the Modifier page already tells what channel the Modifer will affect. you don't need to also go to each channel and set things.

if you choose A instead of All, you've already told that modifier to affect A only. it already won't affect B so you don't need to go to B and set None since you've already told that modifier to only affect A.

WTF is a downward expander and why should I be stoked about it? How are folks using it... Help me join the fun. :confused:

Pick your noisiest single coil guitar, crank up some gain till it hums audibly, and pick a gate block with the downward expander. Notice how it adjusts with the decay of the note and that the hum is practically GONE instead of just gated? Notice as you play you don't really hear any of that hum anymore? You may have to make slight tweaks to get it just right - different guitars respond differently.

It's an single coil players' dream and there is only one other hardware solution other than the axe 3 that I know about. Not a big deal to many, but hum and buzz and noise drives me NUTS!!! Not to mention sounds super unprofessional in one of those super formal events, or with an orchestra or just a loud stage.

It's great that the axe 3 has it because it's tweakable and works great! More options, and less gear to haul around (my decimator pro rack g has been with me on EVERY gig with the axe, and I always wished I could just replace it with a better one in the axe for tweakability and convenience, and that day is here! :) oh happy day indeed!

Pick your noisiest single coil guitar, crank up some gain till it hums audibly, and pick a gate block with the downward expander. Notice how it adjusts with the decay of the note and that the hum is practically GONE instead of just gated? Notice as you play you don't really hear any of that hum anymore? You may have to make slight tweaks to get it just right - different guitars respond differently.

It's an single coil players' dream and there is only one other hardware solution other than the axe 3 that I know about. Not a big deal to many, but hum and buzz and noise drives me NUTS!!! Not to mention sounds super unprofessional in one of those super formal events, or with an orchestra or just a loud stage.

It's great that the axe 3 has it because it's tweakable and works great! More options, and less gear to haul around (my decimator pro rack g has been with me on EVERY gig with the axe, and I always wished I could just replace it with a better one in the axe for tweakability and convenience, and that day is here! :) oh happy day indeed!

Jon,
I also have used a Decimator Pro Rack G for years... If what you're saying is true (and I'm sure it is), then this is indeed a happy day!! :)
The Decimator has always been untouchable, IMHO, as far as noise suppression and to hear that the AxeFx III might now be on par with that is great news!!

Steps 6-9 in your example aren't correct steps. the Modifier page already tells what channel the Modifer will affect. you don't need to also go to each channel and set things.

if you choose A instead of All, you've already told that modifier to affect A only. it already won't affect B so you don't need to go to B and set None since you've already told that modifier to only affect A.

Thank you Chris for your explanation. Thanks to the others that tried to explain how this works also.
So it was not a bug, just my misunderstanding of how it was suppose to work.
I re-installed 12.00 and the newest Axe Edit and tried it again and it works.

I was able to have no modifier on channel A, and a modifier with external 2 for the manual control on channel B of the flanger block. I succeeded in setting it up like my old ADA Flanger that came with the VCA pedal.

I just went through my first 50 presets and tweaked the phaser and flanger blocks and saved them. Everything is sounding good.

Last edited:
The Firmware is totally amazing. I found myself playing guitar for almost the whole day. I enjoy my phaser lead tone so much 🤤 🤪

Does anyone know about how long it takes, until I'm able to download the cab pack I bought here in the Fractal shop? ☠

The Firmware is totally amazing. I found myself playing guitar for almost the whole day. I enjoy my phaser lead tone so much 🤤 🤪

Does anyone know about how long it takes, until I'm able to download the cab pack I bought here in the Fractal shop? ☠
As long as payment went through you should be able to download cab packs immediately after purchase. Check your email for a confirmation email from fractal and there should be a link in that as well

As long as payment went through you should be able to download cab packs immediately after purchase. Check your email for a confirmation email from fractal and there should be a link in that as well

That seems to be problem. Just checked my PayPal.....status pending authorization. Strange

I have a gig tomorrow night. Should I wait to update until Thursday?

Personally, I would wait. I know others here have gigged on brand-new firmware (even beta FW), but I generally don't upgrade until I have a week or so to go through all the presets I use at a gig. (I use a different preset for each song.)

And as Andy said above, ALWAYS be sure you have backups before any upgrade.

That said, I have a couple of weeks before my next gig, so I'm going to be upgrading ASAP. :)

I must try this.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Improved messaging system so that changing presets while Axe-Edit is running does not cause audio dropout (requires Axe-Edit version 1.4.00 or later).

Hi
the current version and 1.04.00.
I saw that there is a version in BETA that actually offers several more controls.
in this document we have a version 1.4.00 but I can't find it

Back
Top Bottom