Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.00

Thanks Cliff, now go and put your feet up for a bit

Unless you're doing final checks on the FM3

Amazing! I can't keep up...so much to tinker with. I just get used to one thing and the next appears! Thanks.

When using the “reset on bypass” in the phaser, it seems like the LFO doesn’t start cycling until something like 10 or 12 beats after engaging the phaser, regardless of the setting (0, 90, 180, 270). Am I misinterpreting the setting, or is this a bug?

I found a possible bug in the flanger block. I have different flangers in each channel. I assigned the manual control to external pedal 2 for the flanger in Channel A and it automatically assigned it for all the flangers in the other three channels also. Removing it for the flanger in channel A automatically removed it for the other three channels.

Last edited:
I found a bug in the flanger block. I have different flangers in each channel. I assigned the manual control to external pedal 2 for the flanger in Channel A and it automatically assigned it for all the flangers in the other three channels also. Removing it for the flanger in channel A automatically removed it for the other three channels.

AFAIK, modifiers have always (by default) affected all channels simultaneously. You can restrict them to a specific channel in the modifier settings.

AFAIK, modifiers have always (by default) affected all channels simultaneously. You can restrict them to a specific channel in the modifier settings.

In the previous firmware I had the flanger in channel B set up with eternal pedal 2 and the other three channels set up without it before updating to 12. Now they are either all on or all off.

Not so. In the previous firmware I had the flanger in channel B set up with eternal pedal 2 and the other three channels set up without it before updating to 12.
As I wrote, it depends on the modifier settings.. set them to only affect channel B for your previous setup.

I just tried it. It doesn't work now. Try it. It doesn't matter what you set each channel to they are all the same. They revert back to all.

I set the modifier on channel A to A, the one on B to B, the one on C to C, and the one on D to D. I saved it and when I looked again they had all reverted back to "All".

So you can't select none for one channel and external 2 for another. They all switch to either none or external 2 no matter what you have them set for on each channel in the modifier section.

Last edited:
Only happens when you load a preset with "something" in it that is updated automatically by the firmware. Could be a pre-v11 preset with the "old" impedance curve, or a pre-v12 preset with a Phaser block in it. Use FracTool to load and re-save all your presets automatically.
It happens on the V11 factory presets that we load on new units after loading fw12.
Will be a bit hard to go through all presets on all units to fix this :)
I guess there will be new presets out soon.

Reactions: yek
I set the modifier on channel A to A, the one on B to B, the one on C to C, and the one on D to D. I saved it and when I looked again they had all reverted back to "All".
I understand now that there may be a bug related to modifiers (not at the unit right now). But just to clarify my (or your) understanding: modifier settings are NOT per channel, that's the only reason there is a setting which channel to affect.

Back
Top Bottom