Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta

Loaded up the new Beta and the Axe-Edit update. No problems. My problem is I am not advanced enough to really take advantage of all the new features. I did buy Cooper Carter's deep dive tutorials, so maybe I'll gradually learn some of the advanced stuff. But the only thing that will really advance me is to learn how to play better. Most of you guys have been playing for decades, so there is that. I practice about 2-3 hours a day, but its a "Long and Winding Road".

Loaded up the new Beta and the Axe-Edit update. No problems. My problem is I am not advanced enough to really take advantage of all the new features. I did buy Cooper Carter's deep dive tutorials, so maybe I'll gradually learn some of the advanced stuff. But the only thing that will really advance me is to learn how to play better. Most of you guys have been playing for decades, so there is that. I practice about 2-3 hours a day, but its a "Long and Winding Road".

Cool sounding phasers and flangers, cool plex hold..... man, you basically just can hit a few notes and it sounds awesome for hours

Expected. Real phaser pedals never achieve exactly 50%. In my testing I found that a higher mix can sound better, especially when using feedback.
Shouldn't that be true for flangers too?
When I did the measurements on my electric mistress the wet signal was 4-5 dB louder IIRC (and if they were done right).

Enjoy the long and winding journey, comfortable in the knowledge that no one ever reaches the end. :)

Back
Top Bottom