Ampire: Movie About Amps

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
Feature length movie online about guitar amps. Seen it yet? Was it good?
https://ampiremovie.com/
Amp_Posterv2-691x1024.png

Last edited:
The very last comment in the trailer sounded like a dig at modeling: “I don’t want a blow up doll. I want the real thing.”

I don’t wanna always see a “war declaration” between analog and digital every time there is someone who still love real amp. Both solution serve the same target: make music.

Watched it tonight. Series of interview clips from all the legends on the poster and then some, interspersed with show footage from all eras. No narrator voice overdubs and you don’t hear an interviewer asking questions. It’s just all these pros, some with guitar in lap, talking about amps and telling stories. Lots of great visuals of gear.

None of the talk gets too technical, it’s more like a spoken group love letter to tube guitar amplification. There is a bit of dissing on digital, really romanticizing huge stacks, high volume moving air, the smell of glowing tubes yadda yadda. They refer to and show a Kemper a lot but I only heard the word Fractal once.

Speaking as a lifetime guitar freak, I enjoyed it a lot and highly recommend. Cool hearing those guys talk shop and tell stories.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom