Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be no release till the when,when, questions stop... and of course there enough gas :oops:
When, when, when , when, lol. As if the current fw wasn't enough to play with for hours upon hours upon hours. Boy we really are spoiled, haha. Only at Fractal. Best damn company in da whole wide world!!!!!

Aside from the Phaser block improvements I can't remember Cliff mentioning anything else for firmware 12.00. Seems though that there must be something in the works given that, by numeric designation, this is not an incremental firmware release. It'll be fun regardless! :)

The 11.02 public beta is a bag of fun! The Flanger block improvement. There haven't been many bugs reported for 11.02 beta_4 and there doesn't seem to be much left to discuss in this public beta.

12.00 will be released when it's finished. There's not much more to be said on this topic either. The chatter regarding Windows 10 issues is just folks passing time.

Here I am thinking the full release is going to drop, and have some cool new thing added that we didn't even know about. Maybe a new amp model and/or effect. I'm fine with waiting.

You think waiting for 12.0 is bad? When is the last time Line 6 updated the Helix firmware?
Well, in their defense, the updates are quite a bit more substantial (ie, multiple amps, effects, features, etc.). So yes, they're fewer and farther between, but one of theirs is about 10-15+ of FAS's. And the current version is 2.82 lol

That said, for some reason, I'm usually more excited for my Axe Fx updates. Like, FAS updates actually change and improve the tone versus Line 6 not really touching the current algrithms and just adding more. Different strokes for different folks, eh?

In any case, I'm excited to see what's brewing over at FAS!! I can't wait to see what the new FW - even if it's just a non-beta release of 11.02 - will bring :D

This is actually going to be my first update ever as I‘ve only had my III for about 3 weeks. I was tempted to download the beta but I figured I didn’t want to deal with any issues that may have arisen as I was learning how to use the thing. Definitely excited for it. I’m taking off to Nashville from Fri-Mon, if it drops while I’m up there I’m going to be anxious to get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom