Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there, You'll get used to it. I know people have their reasons for avoiding upgrades and I've been annoyed with them too.
Yea like these annoying AXE FX III firmware upgrades that always bring so much more than the previous version, LOL.
In all seriousness, I always upgrade to the latest firmware, software, drivers, etc., because in the end it is always worth it.
BETA is another story. I like BETA versions. But they are not for everyone, because they may have bugs that may affect certain setups.

... but if I can talk about the firmware for a second...
I'm loving the new Flanger block so much. I've been using the A/DA one at stock settings and it sounds soo good, like an alternate chorus. It immediately reminds me of Rush (although I don't know if Alex ever used an A/DA flange?) I can't wait for the improved Phaser block!!
I was wondering Cliff, if maybe the Chorus block was in the works for an update. It would complete the modulation family and I love a good chorus. Like delay, it's like an instant talent button.

Oh, and the Show Desktop "button" is a tiny sliver in the lower right corner that, if you are using multiple monitors, is nearly impossible to click on. I guess we're just supposed to know that a one pixel white line at the edge of the taskbar means "show desktop".
If you right click the start bar, there is a really big menu that comes up with all sorts of goodies, Show Desktop is one of them.
Right click works many places in Windows. And most of the things you mentioned previously, like dragging a window, is actually easy.
Dual or triple monitor window moves are as easy as Windows key/Shift/Right or Left Click.

Windows XP was solid so they discontinued it
Windows 7 pretty darn solid and they did the same.

Why can’t Microsoft update functionality without trashing the supporting code?

Smoke comes out of my ears, when I see endless crashes and endless compromises.

trying to develop and actually do WORK on windows is a crapshoot.

Windows XP was solid so they discontinued it
Windows 7 pretty darn solid and they did the same.

Why can’t Microsoft update functionality without trashing the supporting code?

Smoke comes out of my ears, when I see endless crashes and endless compromises.

trying to develop and actually do WORK on windows is a crapshoot.
Windows 10 is actually very stable. Endless crashes are usually caused by heat, bad RAM, bad power, (PC plugged directly into wall), incompatible drivers, hard drive issues, video and other plugin cards, etc.

Windows 10 is actually very stable. Endless crashes are usually caused by heat, bad RAM, bad power, (PC plugged directly into wall), incompatible drivers, hard drive issues, video and other plugin cards, etc.
I use Windows 10 at work. I have all kinds of problems. Although part of the problem is our IT department. They take the short bus to work every day.

I'm loving the new Flanger block so much. I've been using the A/DA one at stock settings and it sounds soo good, like an alternate chorus. It immediately reminds me of Rush (although I don't know if Alex ever used an A/DA flange?) I can't wait for the improved Phaser block!!
I was wondering Cliff, if maybe the Chorus block was in the works for an update. It would complete the modulation family and I love a good chorus. Like delay, it's like an instant talent button.
How dare you interrupt the MS Windows thread! Move it to the lounge bud ;)

On a Mac there's:

No drivers to worry about
No hard drive issues
No viruses to worry about
No corrupted code, blue screens, or freezes.
No registry errors
No re-booting
And if you want to shut it down, you don't get "Are you sure you want to shut down?" LOL....
In fact to shut a mac, you close the lid or walk away.
I cannot remember the last time i had to do "file save", on a Mac until i was actually finished.

As long as you wait for developers to catch up, when there's a new MAC OS release, there are no issues.
Before OSX Catalina was released all my program developers warned me, "were not ready yet, please wait to upgrade etc."
Rock solid on Mohave.
Ill wait for bells and whistles, anyway, so i can be productive, in the meanwhile.

Whats a re-boot? I can hardly remember........

On a Mac there's:

No hard drive issues
No registry errors
No re-booting
And if you want to shut it down, you don't get "Are you sure you want to shut down?" LOL....
I cannot remember the last time i had to do "file save", on a Mac until i was actually finished.

As long as you wait for developers to catch up, when there's a new MAC OS release, there are no issues.
Before OSX Catalina was released all my program developers warned me, "were not ready yet, please wait to upgrade etc."
Rock solid on Mohave.
Ill wait for bells and whistles, anyway, so i can be productive, in the meanwhile.

Okay.
Back to Firmware lol

On a Mac there's:

No hard drive issues
No registry errors
No re-booting

Rock solid on Mohave.

No virus? Lol

17.2. License manager fails to start.

Damn... Out of curiosity are you using a FLEXID dongle? Default install locations?

Sorry, can't offer many other suggestions. I'm running 17.2 on Win 10 on both my home and work PC, but it hasn't given me any trouble. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself.)

Damn... Out of curiosity are you using a FLEXID dongle? Default install locations?

Sorry, can't offer many other suggestions. I'm running 17.2 on Win 10 on both my home and work PC, but it hasn't given me any trouble. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself.)
Yes, FlexID. I finally got it installed. Uninstalled and reinstalled about a dozen times and then it finally worked.

Oh, and the Show Desktop "button" is a tiny sliver in the lower right corner that, if you are using multiple monitors, is nearly impossible to click on. I guess we're just supposed to know that a one pixel white line at the edge of the taskbar means "show desktop".

Windows key + D for that one. Yeah I agree the sliver is tiny to the point of uselessness but I think a lot of old geezers got confused when it was bigger and complained or something... Keyboard shortcuts for the win.

Check out Pat Travers Band album called Crash and Burn. Listen to Intro to Snortin Whisky and listen to solo section on Born Under A Bad Sign to hear how cool an A/DA Flanger sounds.

I'd like to add that you are having so many odd problems. I have to ask if the hardware is older or if you did a upgrade in place over an older windows 7 install? I don't use the same software you use so it's interesting to hear about so many issues. It makes me wonder if something is going on. I run AutoCAD professionally and a million other random things at home. Windows 10 is rock solid for me (AutoCAD itself crashes if you so much as blink at the wrong time but that's because my company won't shell out to do things properly...) I wish I could help with the kinds of problems you are having.

Your list of complaints brings up good points but know that you will get more comfortable in time as you learn all the quirks and tricks. Again it could be worse. We could all be stuck with Windows 8's original release. Then I'd have my pitch fork and torch along side you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom