Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it from credible sources that @FractalAudio has finally finished firmware code for the until-now-unused flux-capacitor-chip. It was cleverly hidden on the board where no one has noticed; models and firmware updates will now be developed by AI before he even thinks of them...

Could it mean the new amp modeling algos will be added back in?
I interpreted the previous statements about the preamp improvements as there being no modeling changes, but an improved implementation of the same model. That seems to be consistent with the firmware versioning scheme as the changes were part of the 11.02 beta and the major version was not incremented. Given that we will now get a new major version, this might mean that the actual modeling has changed as well.

I have it from credible sources that @FractalAudio has finally finished firmware code for the until-now-unused flux-capacitor-chip. It was cleverly hidden on the board where no one has noticed; models and firmware updates will now be developed by AI before he even thinks of them...

It’s actually both a cloaking device and a flux-capacitor. The lights on the flux-capacitor are actually what is illuminating the AxeFX III logo on the face, but when the update comes out and the flux-capacitor is engaged, that faceplate actually spins on a motorized panel and the mini FC (that’s right, FC doesn’t just stand for foot controller) is taken out of cloaking mode and displayed on the front of the unit. Playing 88BPM will engage the F(lux)C(apacitor) and you can travel time via the F(oot)C(ontroller). Just make sure you program the right presets or you’ll bring your audience into a T-Rex’ dinner party.

Being new to this forum, and the AXE FXIII, how long does it usually take for a jump from a Beta to a released firmware version? Ballpark, I know it varies. Thanks.

They have a timer that resets every time someone asks about it, if the timer runs out and no one asked about it they release the FW...
giphy.gif

Being new to this forum, and the AXE FXIII, how long does it usually take for a jump from a Beta to a released firmware version? Ballpark, I know it varies. Thanks.

I know that you want something more specific, but it really depends on the update. Sometimes they come out amazingly quickly. I remember a time when there were two major revision updates in less than a month. Other times there can be a lull in releases. This beta seems to be taking a bit longer than average. But Cliff and Fractal will release the firmware when it's ready and it will take as long as it takes.

It's important to add that the rate of releases at Fractal is truly amazing. I was a Line 6 user for many years (back in the day with Vetta and a Flextone II) and I got maybe two or three updates in several years. Fractal's commitment to improving firmware is without peer. To paraphrase Orson Welles, "Fractal Audio will release no firmware before it is ready." Wow - that sounds lame. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it will be out "soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom