Anyone own a Schecter? I just bought my first one and I'm not impressed.

jma

Inspired
This is a brand new C-1 E/A ($850 retail). See attached photos. You can't NOT see this defect every time you pick it up to play. As soon as I saw this I put it back in the box and requested a refund.

Attachments

• soundhole defect 1.jpg
    soundhole defect 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 171
  • soundhole defect 2.jpg
    soundhole defect 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 167
That should never have passed their QA. Depending on where you bought the guitar, that vendor should also have inspected it pre-shipping. Sorry for your bad luck on this one. In my experience with Schecter guitars, quality is usually great. You might see if that same vendor has another in stock, or shop around for another dealer; there are a bunch of online dealers who perform quality inspections before shipping.

I'm on my third Schecter (sold the first two). This one is the Apocalypse with FR and 2 humbuckers. I really like how their guitars are sleeker now compared to the earlier style. This one also has a slightly upgraded Import FR that I like a lot. What really sucks is that the pots on Schecters have a reputation to go bad fast, and I had it happen on my older ones and already on the new one too. I love that they have stainless steel frets now, ESP didn't catch up yet.

I’ve had one. Since 1994. It’s an amazing Strat style guitar that sounds nothing like a Strat. It’s a USA custom shop though. No experience with their offshore line.

That should never have passed their QA. Depending on where you bought the guitar, that vendor should also have inspected it pre-shipping. Sorry for your bad luck on this one. In my experience with Schecter guitars, quality is usually great. You might see if that same vendor has another in stock, or shop around for another dealer; there are a bunch of online dealers who perform quality inspections before shipping.

The seller forwarded the photos to Schecter and they offered to send a replacement. Keeping my fingers crossed. I was basically just looking for a decent quality instrument with a factory piezo, but most of what I have found is way over my present budget.

Unusual for sure. Shouldn't have made it out of the factory though and certainly not all the way into your hands.

That IS unusual...usually schecter is some of the best out-of-the-box quality instruments in their class. I've owned, bought, sold, traded and hacked up lots of schecter and that is DEFINITELY a lemon.

Today I've bought my second Schecter: a Solo II Custom (Korea). The other one is a Nick Johnston USA.
Both are amazing guitars. The Nick Johnstson surpasses my Fender American Deluxe, and the Solo II "Les Paul" makes me feel sorry for those who pay so much$ for the "authentic" thing

Last edited:
I own a Nick Johnston USA Signature and it's, by far, my favorite strat style guitar ever.
I've been through many expensive fender before...

Note that the Nick Johnston is a USA Custom shop model..
My friend has 2 custom made Schecter from the USA shop and they are amazing.

USA Customshop IS NOT the Korean shop..

I've never seen anything like that...

That's totally on the people you bought it from- either not stored properly or just held too long in the box... Sometimes guitar center can have guitars years before they go out- and they can be cracked/fall apart/have issues....

Schecter has pretty high quality standards- probably better than the rest in their range- and I don't even use them.

I don't think their guitars are bad- I just hate finished necks

The damage looked to me like it left the factory in that condition. If so, it was missed by everyone along the way. Hopefully they will go over the replacement thoroughly. It would be truly embarrassing to find a problem with the next one.

The damage looked to me like it left the factory in that condition.
This. The binding wasn't completely adhered to the wood, at least partly because the edges of the hole weren't scraped or sanded. Somebody knowingly left it like that.

Many top musicians perform with Schecter. Including our Marco Fanton

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-much-important-is-to-have-the-backline-speaker.156883/

fullsizeoutput_d7d-jpeg.61601

Back
Top Bottom