After 10+ years of wanting one, I finally pulled the trigger!

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
I’ll try to keep this short-

Back in the mid 2000’s, Cliff visited HRI (Huge Racks Inc forum) and made a post about the AxeFX. I’m not sure if it was even in production yet, but I remember being really impressed by the way he went about creating it, his work history and eventually when some clips made their way on the site, I was blown away by the sound. Once the units started making their way into player’s hands, I was bit by the Fractal bug pretty hard. I haven’t shut up about it since that time. It’s been added to every grocery list my girlfriend (now wife) made, every birthday/Christmas wish list (jokingly), I’ve been a staunch defender of it (without ever actually playing it myself) for years and have had arguments over it with my tube amp collecting buddies. I have never wanted a piece of gear for as long and as much.

Unfortunately, I was no where close to having the financial freedom to buy one. I had quite the drinking issue around that time that didn’t stop until I turned 30 (thankfully, I can still drink now, just not like I did back then!) and a few other issues to get around before I could have enough liquid cash to buy one. I ended up changing careers and got a little closer to my goal of buying an AxeFX. This year, I knew I had a holiday bonus coming up and didn’t think it would be enough to cover the whole cost of an AxeFX III, but I had some cash set aside to help out. We had our employee holiday lunch this past Tuesday, my CFO handed me an envelope and said “You’ve not only made me look good this year, but you’ve done more for our company than any previous Chief Engineer we’ve ever had. You earned this and thank you for being part of our team.”

I didn’t open it up right there, but when I did I almost fainted. Without being a braggart, it was more than enough to cover the cost of the III AND an FC. I could barely sleep that night, but I had to wait for the bonus to be processed into my account. For Christmas, we drove across the state to see my sister and nephew and I checked my account while gassing up. I saw it was processed and just waiting to be spent on my dream piece of gear, so before we left the parking lot, I pulled out my iPad and pulled the trigger.

Now time is passing by at an abnormally small rate! I can’t wait to finally set it up in my studio and start rocking with it!

you have found the secret to slowing down time!
welcome :)
thanks
pauly

I’ll try to keep this short-

Back in the mid 2000’s, Cliff visited HRI (Huge Racks Inc forum) and made a post about the AxeFX. I’m not sure if it was even in production yet, but I remember being really impressed by the way he went about creating it, his work history and eventually when some clips made their way on the site, I was blown away by the sound. Once the units started making their way into player’s hands, I was bit by the Fractal bug pretty hard. I haven’t shut up about it since that time. It’s been added to every grocery list my girlfriend (now wife) made, every birthday/Christmas wish list (jokingly), I’ve been a staunch defender of it (without ever actually playing it myself) for years and have had arguments over it with my tube amp collecting buddies. I have never wanted a piece of gear for as long and as much.

Unfortunately, I was no where close to having the financial freedom to buy one. I had quite the drinking issue around that time that didn’t stop until I turned 30 (thankfully, I can still drink now, just not like I did back then!) and a few other issues to get around before I could have enough liquid cash to buy one. I ended up changing careers and got a little closer to my goal of buying an AxeFX. This year, I knew I had a holiday bonus coming up and didn’t think it would be enough to cover the whole cost of an AxeFX III, but I had some cash set aside to help out. We had our employee holiday lunch this past Tuesday, my CFO handed me an envelope and said “You’ve not only made me look good this year, but you’ve done more for our company than any previous Chief Engineer we’ve ever had. You earned this and thank you for being part of our team.”

I didn’t open it up right there, but when I did I almost fainted. Without being a braggart, it was more than enough to cover the cost of the III AND an FC. I could barely sleep that night, but I had to wait for the bonus to be processed into my account. For Christmas, we drove across the state to see my sister and nephew and I checked my account while gassing up. I saw it was processed and just waiting to be spent on my dream piece of gear, so before we left the parking lot, I pulled out my iPad and pulled the trigger.

Now time is passing by at an abnormally small rate! I can’t wait to finally set it up in my studio and start rocking with it!

Thank you all for the kind words and congrats! I was hoping I wasn’t getting too wordy with the post, but also find it important to relate positive life stories because you never know who needs to hear it.

I miss HRI.

As do I! Are you in the Shizzer Facebook group? A lot of us migrated there after HRI closed doors. Matt, Chuck, Tom, Marsa, Ainsley, etc. Team Shirtless FTW! (The group name is currently Shizzer - It's All About The Pants. Mostly. I think they left the option to change the name open, so it gets changed every few months to something dumber than the last name)

you have found the secret to slowing down time!
welcome :)
thanks
pauly

This is the best period of my 37 years on this planet, 99% of the time I certainly want time to move this slow, but for the next several days it needs to hurry up!

Great story mate. There is nothing sweeter than hanging out for something and then bagging it with money you worked hard to earn.

Good on you for sharing your struggles too. Many people have them but few have the courage to share. Every little story helps others who are struggling to see some hope.

Merry Christmas and welcome to the Matrix!

Back
Top Bottom