Big upgrade?

fatoni

Inspired
With the black Friday sale I jumped into a 3 and fc6. The only reason I upgraded from an ultra was for the USB on the 2 (original mk1 axe 2).I've been happy but the mfc was always giving me errors. After a few drinks with the family I just ordered a 3 and fc6. I have no idea how much better if at all my life will be with this thing but I just want you all to make me feel good about spending that kind of money on something I had no need for. Thanks!

It’s a very good deal. In the highly unlikely event that you are disappointed with the III, be it the bright blue logo, the lack of a physical manual or that some parts are manufactured in china, you should be able to flip with no loss at all.

If these things don’t concern you, you are in for a hell of a ride with the most realistic and natural feeling guitar tones from any modeler at the time. ...and probably years to come.

congrats! This might be your best drunk purchase ever!

I made the same moves, from Ultra to II w MFC, (with an XL+ in there), and I’ve had the III for 1 1/2 years. You made a great call, ordering one at this low price point. There is just so much about the III, with the tone being #1, that I expect you’ll be floored. Enjoy!

Man cannot live by bread alone...he must have peanut butter!

SRSLY, you're a week or so away from repeated WOW moments. The 3 sounds amazing, and cool new stuff gets added pretty often....

I upgraded from the Axe II XL+ and that, to me, was a tremendous upgrade. I cannot imagine jumping from the Ultra to a III. I believe that you will note a quantum leap in all aspects. One thing that I have learned from the III is how much a cab influences the overall tone. The III even gives you the ability to combine multiple cabs and mic combinations for a truly unique sound. The FC is also a quantum leap forward in my opinion. The ability to apply different labels to switches based on presets/layouts is amazingly helpful! And you can modify all of this from Axe Edit. Make sure you get plenty of sleep before it arrives @fatoni because you will be up all night having the time of your life!

I'm right there with you! I placed my order for a III and and FC12 on Thanksgiving day. The sale was just too good to pass up... i'm getting both for about the same that I paid for my XL alone when those first came out! I wasn't even planning on it, I just saw the deal and thought "Wow. Can't pass that up!" Now I am just waiting anxiously for a shipping notification.

That was a big purchase... and I sure didn't NEED it- The XL/MFC setup is still a fantastic rig that changed my musical life. But I wanted it and I'm excited for the upgrade. I think I'll sell my XL/MFC once it arrives, and get at least some of my dollars back.

I am imagining my entire rig moving from "1 preset per song" to "1 kitchen sink preset." Man how cool that is going to be, being able to jump into any song without scrolling or searching for a preset for it.

I have no idea how much better if at all my life will be with this thing but I just want you all to make me feel good about spending that kind of money on something I had no need for. Thanks!
You may feel now you have no need for it, but most assuredly once you get it you will begin to wonder how you ever got along without it. The difference between the II and the III is like night and day.

I am imagining my entire rig moving from "1 preset per song" to "1 kitchen sink preset." Man how cool that is going to be, being able to jump into any song without scrolling or searching for a preset for it.
LOL! That was the first thing I did, way before my number came up on the FC wait list. I used my old Roland FC200, and duplicated all the best bits from all the variations of my '90s rack rig in one preset, with better sound quality to boot.

Once you've done that, depending on your situation, you might find the best way forward is to make some per-song presets and have a go-to kitchen sink preset that covers multiple songs for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom