Block Library Problems (Amp Block)

orion32773

Experienced
I've been using this feature over the past year with varied success. I also tried searching the manual for some clarification but can't seem to find anything.

It's my understanding that I can dial in a specific amp and then save those amp settings in a block and recall it later within another preset. Maybe I am not understanding the purpose though. The problem is that I will save the amp and then recall it when adding an new block or in another preset. The amp seems to load but it grabs a random amp and none of my settings. Some of the saved amps DO work but more often than not it will default to a new amps block (59 bassguy) most of the time.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

I’d do the Settings Refresh after FW Update function. Sounds like things aren’t synced between axe and computer.

Did you set up just one channel on the saved block? Possibly the amp block is set for a different channel in the preset that came up weird?
That would be my guess... Always have to remember it's a saved block not a saved channel, and the active channel on loading may not be the channel that was expected.

That would be my guess... Always have to remember it's a saved block not a saved channel, and the active channel on loading may not be the channel that was expected.
Yea I thought about this as well. I’ve tried other channels and the amp model isn’t loading. Going to trying the suggestion above (refresh after firmware) when I get home. Thanks guys.

Yea I thought about this as well. I’ve tried other channels and the amp model isn’t loading. Going to trying the suggestion above (refresh after firmware) when I get home. Thanks guys.
Most likely then Chris has the right answer. Since a new amp model was added, it may have offset some meta data.

Did you set up just one channel on the saved block? Possibly the amp block is set for a different channel in the preset that came up weird?
OK seems you guys were correct. It makes total sense now and I had saved one of cliffs amp blocks for the new dc-30 model and he had a wrecker express, SLO, and friedman on the other channels. I really thought I had checked everything but this makes sense now. Not sure why I wasn't getting it the first time. yes, the other presets were assuming all those channels which was really messing me up. I need to remember to name the library something other than the amp model since I tend to have different amp models on different channels. I just started messing with the global setting which is very cool as well. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom