Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.01

@FractalAudio would it make sense to copy the speaker impedance curves from the AF3 into the AF2 speaker page? In other words, assuming the AF3 new default settings are more accurate, would these settings translate with equal accuracy on the AF2?

@FractalAudio would it make sense to copy the speaker impedance curves from the AF3 into the AF2 speaker page? In other words, assuming the AF3 new default settings are more accurate, would these settings translate with equal accuracy on the AF2?
Can't hurt to try. Won't sound the same though due to the lack of "high order modeling".

Ok, I saved the resent Fractal Bank updates to my external drive. Those banks did not have these new amps updated on them. I’m guessing this new firmware 11.1 fixes what I have in Axe edit. How do I get it saved to the new Fractal Bank updates? Reverse save? ie ...bring the banks into axe edit and pull from the right over to the left? Or will they update automatically when they hit the new firmware from the bank file?

Ok, I saved the resent Fractal Bank updates to my external drive. Those banks did not have these new amps updated on them. I’m guessing this new firmware 11.1 fixes what I have in Axe edit. How do I get it saved to the new Fractal Bank updates? Reverse save? ie ...bring the banks into axe edit and pull from the right over to the left? Or will they update automatically when they hit the new firmware from the bank file?
Saving banks on your computer has no effect on the Axe Fx or Axe Edit. Firmware updates do not touch presets.

Use Axe Manage Presets or FractalBot to load the presets you want from the banks on your computer into your Axe Fx.

Yes, I am aware of this. My point is, the new factory banks don’t have the 11.1 amp settings. I want my new factory settings to be current so that when I pull that bank from my computer and use an amp, it has the new parameters on it, not the old one. The new firmware MuST affect presets (changes the amp block) or there would be no reason for an update. Once I load the amp from the new factory bank into axe edit, the new firmware 11.1 adds the new amp settings, but the factory bank on my computer is still the same. It has not been saved or changed.

Yes, I am aware of this. My point is, the new factory banks don’t have the 11.1 amp settings. I want my new factory settings to be current so that when I pull that bank from my computer and use an amp, it has the new parameters on it, not the old one. The new firmware MuST affect presets (changes the amp block) or there would be no reason for an update. Once I load the amp from the new factory bank into axe edit, the new firmware 11.1 adds the new amp settings, but the factory bank on my computer is still the same. It has not been saved or changed.
I see what you're asking. The changes in this case are to the Impedance curves. It would only affect a limited number of amp types.

The release notes don't say which amp models would be affected by new/updated curves, so we don't really know which need to be adjusted.

The new banks are updated to include the changes relative to 11.0 as far as I know, so the only thing to account for is those specific differences from 11.0-11.1.

The new firmware MuST affect presets (changes the amp block) or there would be no reason for an update.
This is not historically a correct statement. Often times a firmware change requires an Amp block reset for changes to be implemented.

If you made changes to settings in blocks, and saved them to your PC, your saved banks or presets will have your changed settings in them.
Here's what I did, and it very well may be the long way. Since I keep my A, B, and C banks loaded into B, C and D, my bank A is where all my custom and changed presets are, and hopefully never over written.
I loaded the new 11 firmware and loaded the new banks A, B and C to B, C and D locaion on the AXE.
I used channels and added the same amp choice, with the factory settings and compared the settings, by switching back and forth to hear the differences. I turned on and off the new impedance feature and listened whether I liked the tone the impedance changes made.
Final result, I liked every new setting and the new impedance curve feature better. It added tighter bass, clearer separation of notes and all around better sound. The only thing I had to do was increase my bass a little bit.

Really digging the DC30 EF86 channel.

Is there a notation somewhere about the bass cap range, and about what number on the bass control corresponds to what size cap? The DC30 EF86 channel is very similar to my VZA Simone amp's EF86 channel, and it would be cool to be able to dial up what is essentially the one channel of my own amp....

Oh, another thing: I was intrigued by the HIWATT 4x12 impedance curve having a double resonant peak in the low end similar to the Dumble one....

Back
Top Bottom