AFIII (Video) A little melodic ambient vibe

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I probably could have played it better. I probably could have tweaked the tone more. I probably could have obsessed over a lot of things, but sometimes it just feels good to be human and play guitar. I hope you guys enjoy it.

-Justin

Here's the preset. I just tried it again and wish I would have had the compressor on for my video. Sounds so good! If you've got the Cab Pack already, try this with the MTCH BLND Mix 01.

Attachments

• York Audio MTCH 212 vid clip.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Dude, you have to stop giving me reasons to buy more cab packs o_O

Having the Fractal stuff around for seven years, this is totally what I relate to:
sometimes it just feels good to play guitar

Dude, you have to stop giving me reasons to buy more cab packs o_O

Having the Fractal stuff around for seven years, this is totally what I relate to:
hahaha! I'm glad you enjoyed the tone. :) Weirdly enough, this one was inspired by Leon's "Fake Shredders" video... Obviously, there's no shredding going on here... but the idea of just turning on the camera, playing, and allowing human character to come through felt like something I needed to try to break down my own insecurities. We all strive for perfection... especially when we think about how others will perceive us. But it's kinda nice just capturing a moment for what it is and saying "yeah, it wasn't perfect, but it was fun." I almost stopped playing at the part where I laugh at myself, but decided to keep going and just play it. That mistake ended up being my favorite part of the video.

This is awesome. Do more vids!
Thanks man! The first one is always the hardest, but I'm excited to do more videos. I can see why you love doing it so much. It's fun!

Sounds great. Was that the same preset that you made the original demo with? Do more videos and share the presets along with notes on which can you used. Worked very well for me in the Matchless. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sounds great. Was that the same preset that you made the original demo with? Do more videos and share the presets along with notes on which can you used. Worked very well for me in the Matchless. Happy Thanksgiving.
Good call. I attached the preset to the first post. This is a different patch from what I used for the original demo. I used the Plex Delay and London Plate for this one, and I think the original clip was just a Stratocumulus reverb. I also brought the bass down a bit since I wanted to dial the tone in for the neck pickup. Just tweak the basic amp controls to suit your guitar and you're golden. :)

Mistakes?...
The truly gifted artist, has a knack for spontaneously transforming ones 'So Called' mistakes,
into a steppingstone toward revolutionary variants of yet to be explored creative expression.

I do believe, with certainty, that you have the gift.

Thanks for generously sharing your video demo and the preset.

Happy Thanksgiving friend!

This is fantastic, thank you Justin!
Thanks for your kindness. All of these posts have been incredibly encouraging.

Loved it; thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome. Thanks for the comment. I’ll be making more videos soon. It’s actually a lot of fun!

Mistakes?...
The truly gifted artist, has a knack for spontaneously transforming ones 'So Called' mistakes,
into a steppingstone toward revolutionary variants of yet to be explored creative expression.

I do believe, with certainty, that you have the gift.

Thanks for generously sharing your video demo and the preset.

Happy Thanksgiving friend!
Such a humbling compliment. Thank you for saying that. You’re generous to call it a gift. I just call it flying by the seat of my pants and hoping it lands lands in a decent spot.

Back
Top Bottom