My X32 died!

Sorry to open a very old thread, i bought a X32 a month ago. Been working find until last weekend when it popped and wouldn't come back on, replacement sent out and now the new one's XLR inputs and outputs don't work, so sending that one back again too! I think a full refund and a look around at other options is now on the cards :disappointed:
Did you buy a new one, or used?

I have 2 X32 racks and also have a X32 Core with a S16.
Knock on wood, no issues like what you have mentioned.
Been using them since they first started shipping.

Man, that Wing looks great. I need that, but with only the XR18s specs and for ~$1000 though. :(

HI Zionplayer,

Well - anything with a powersupply (and isnt that everything?) has the potential to go pop. The only thing that made the X32 a little hard was that it doesn't use a modular approach where you just unscrew a couple of screws, pull out the old module, and slot in a new one. I guess that's the price we pay for getting all that functionality for five bucks!
To be honest, even after the years of owning the x32, it's feature set still blows me away. Could it be better? Of course - but it should be a lot worse for what they sell for.

Thanks
Pauly

Just yesterday bought an M32C as a backup for my 5 year old X32 Rack that has never given me a problem, not once. Was having a bit of buyers' remorse this morning until I saw this thread... so, sorry for your troubles but thanks for making me feel better about my decision...

Last edited:
Did you buy a new one, or used?

I have 2 X32 racks and also have a X32 Core with a S16.
Knock on wood, no issues like what you have mentioned.
Been using them since they first started shipping.

Brand new out the box, so not sure what the problems were. A quick search online for PSU problems brings up loads, so not just myself, may just been a bad batch from Amazon or the way they handled them.

I'm moving over to the soundcraft digital mixers, see how they go. I could go back to Behringer again in the future, the X32 was amazing with the amount of features, but my trust in that product is a little shaky now. Imagine playing a gig and then the mixer just pops halfway through! o_O

Hey @pauly, I know that this is an old thread. But was curious where you ordered the part from. The Ethernet port on my XR18 just went dead and need to order and replace that board?

My X32 Compact started having power issues. Rather than buying another power supply for it (with the same sub-standard electrolytic capacitors) I just took an inventory of all the electrolytic capacitors and bought decent ones and got out the soldering iron and replaced them all. No problems since then (almost a year ago).

Hi @Moke
It's been a while so the details are a little sketchy, but I remember it was a pain. Initially, the Behringer suppliers fobbed me off saying I had to be an 'authorised repairer' whatever the hell that means. In the end, I found the phone number of an old associate, who gave me the phone number of someone at the distributors in Sydney, who didn't want to sell it to me, but eventually folded. Stoopid system.

I think it's opened up a bit nowadays though - See ebay;
https://www.ebay.com/b/Behringer-Pro-Audio-Parts-Accessories/113484/bn_3119194

or;
https://www.fullcompass.com/brand/ber-behringer/replacement-parts/

etc.

Thanks
Pauly

Hey @pauly, I know that this is an old thread. But was curious where you ordered the part from. The Ethernet port on my XR18 just went dead and need to order and replace that board?

Back
Top Bottom