Axe-Fx III Firmware 10.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... Thank you Cliff... Fantastic update... and the option to the tuner to choose mixed, all flats or all sharps is excellent.
I do play normal and a half step down tuned guitars during a show, I can choose "all flats" and can tune my guitars E A D G B E or Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb, which is much more convenient for a quickly look on stage. Thank You 🙏

My Axe-FX is farting after the update. I attach a sound sample and a farting preset that was working fine before the update

I have reverted the firmware to 9.01, and the fart is gone
The high Speaker Impedance value combined with increased Transformer Match and the unique topology of the amp is causing convergence issues. The plate current isn't converging in the allotted time.

I've fixed this but I need to test some more before making another release. I have a meeting up north in a couple hours so I won't be able to get to this until this evening.

For now I recommend turning Speaker Impedance and Transformer Match down, preferably to default values.

Just tried your preset here and no farting, and I'm not a fart-shy person usually :p
Also, the output level of this preset is very low on my axe, it lies at -20dB on the vu meter

Thank you for savoring the flatulent preset.

I've just noticed that it only happens when playing certain notes. e.g: B on the 3rd string. And it doesn't happen with the bridge pickup, only with the neckpickup. That means that the babble is only released at certain frequencies, and only when there is low(bottom)-end harmonic contents.

I have recorded both the raw signal and the flatulent signal at the DAW.

I attach a zip with the following files:
  • Friedman FART.wav ~ Axe-FX Output with flatulence
  • Friedman REAMP.wav ~ The RAW signal of my guitar, for reamping
  • Friedman Fart.syx ~ The Durian preset

Attachments

• Friedman FART FW10.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

I've just noticed that it only happens when playing certain notes. e.g: B on the 3rd string. And it doesn't happen with the bridge pickup, only with the neckpickup. That means that the babble is only released at certain frequencies, and only when there is low-end harmonic contents.

See post immediately preceding yours.

I've just noticed that it only happens when playing certain notes. e.g: B on the 3rd string. And it doesn't happen with the bridge pickup, only with the neckpickup. That means that the babble is only released at certain frequencies, and only when there is low-end harmonic contents.

It seems Cliff found what's causing the issue, see the post above yours

Thanks Cliff and the Fractal team for your continuing devotion to making this whole experience such a wonder.

It's a really good thing when you have direct access to the Fractal team and a network of so many good people here on this forum.

I feel very fortunate to have found the Axe3. To have purchased the right product.

Hey @FractalAudio. I found a bug that freezes the Axe every time and is repeatable. See attached preset. I created two scenes to show this. Basically, inside a single preset I was swapping between a JC120 and JTM45, both with input boost engaged, and I believe there's some Gain Enhance set too in one or both. If you start on the JTM (scene 2 in this preset), and change to the JC120, while playing, it overloads the Axe, and all inputs light up, killing all sound, and a reboot is required. I noticed you must play while swapping to reproduce. I have no idea if it was this way prior to this latest firmware. I was just trying to rebuild one of my all-in-one goto presets when I found a great clean/dirty amp pairing for my LP in these two, and was playing while swapping, and boom my Matrix pops with the overload and the Axe output lights stick full on. I also recreated the preset with no out before the cab for the heck of it (just FRFR) and it still happens. I have a FC Layout Page called "Amp Select" with 4 buttons for 4 amp channels, with also control switches for boost and such on the page, and then of course an easy exit back to the preset performance layout. I often use that layout for dialing in amps for the preset. I was just playing and swapping, and this bug rears it's head every time on this pairing. Anyway.. hope this helps.

Edit: Just updated attached preset to use factory cabs. (Had user cab in prev version)

Attachments

• BUG-SWAP AMP.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hey @FractalAudio. I found a bug that freezes the Axe every time and is repeatable. See attached preset. I created two scenes to show this. Basically, inside a single preset I was swapping between a JC120 and JTM45, both with input boost engaged, and I believe there's some Gain Enhance set too in one or both. If you start on the JTM (scene 2 in this preset), and change to the JC120, while playing, it overloads the Axe, and all inputs light up, killing all sound, and a reboot is required. I noticed you must play while swapping to reproduce. I have no idea if it was this way prior to this latest firmware. I was just trying to rebuild one of my all-in-one goto presets when I found a great clean/dirty amp pairing for my LP in these two, and was playing while swapping, and boom my Matrix pops with the overload and the Axe output lights stick full on. I also recreated the preset with no out before the cab for the heck of it (just FRFR) and it still happens. I have a FC Layout Page called "Amp Select" with 4 buttons for 4 amp channels, with also control switches for boost and such on the page, and then of course an easy exit back to the preset performance layout. I often use that layout for dialing in amps for the preset. I was just playing and swapping, and this bug rears it's head every time on this pairing. Anyway.. hope this helps.

Yeah, I got this too. Different stock presets but an absolute lock up with all used outputs on red.

Reverted to 9.01 - all good.

Edit - And to add - I was hopping around between Cathedral and Triple Clean + Shimmer so there's JC120 in there too if that's meaningful commonality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom