Rack patch panel socket - strain relief?

VidarAus

Experienced
Hi,

I am building a little 1RU patch panel to make it easier to get at some of the inputs/outputs at the back of the AXE III. I have seen a bunch of pics on here of people doing the same. I purchased some Neutrik panel sockets and am about to solder things up but can't work out how to add strain relief for the soldered cables at the back of the socket? If you wire up a plug there is always some mechanism to provide strain relief for the little soldered cables, but at the back of the socket there is nothing but solder lugs.

Any advice from those that have done it?

Cheers

You just have to fix the cables with cable ties that there will be no tension between soldered end and cable installation point. There are also panels with one edge wider with holes, so you can fix cables directly to the panel.

I have a 1U I built 2 years ago that I have been using ever since that I didn't do anything for relief and haven't had any trouble yet. Looking around before I built mine most had a L shaped washer thing that one of the bolts went through on the back side that had a hole in it for a zip tie. along those lines you could find something at your local hardware store that should be able to bend for your need. Something like this would work.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom