AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine doesn’t freeze up live. Ever. I think you ah e a thread about your issue?
You know full well that I never went beyond 6.04. There are plenty of threads you have replied to where you know that is the case there are also plenty of cases you have responded to where you know there is a bug that causes a freeze I belive have even seen one from yourself where you said had happened once to you? It’s still a known bug. Hence I never updated because I can’t.

Vinny, bugs are incredibly rare, I've never had any long term freeze issues and mine's often on for hours daily.

Are you having issues with both of yours?
No. I am still on fw 6.04 on both units. As far as I know, that was the last stable release. No freezes for me which is why I carried on gigging with it. Unfortunately, I could not enjoy any of the updates because of that. So, for me, still the lag between scene changes etc.

You know full well that I never went beyond 6.04. There are plenty of threads you have replied to where you know that is the case there are also plenty of cases you have responded to where you know there is a bug that causes a freeze I belive have even seen one from yourself where you said had happened once to you? It’s still a known bug. Hence I never updated because I can’t.
i full well don't follow or remember every single person's situation.

mine has never frozen. if anything, i have experienced the volume to zero % issue once while trying to make it happen, and never again. i use my ax8 2x a week live minimum.

i can't help fix what isn't happening to me.

i full well don't follow or remember every single person's situation.

mine has never frozen. if anything, i have experienced the volume to zero % issue once while trying to make it happen, and never again. i use my ax8 2x a week live minimum.

i can't help fix what isn't happening to me.
Whatever Chris. So, you had an issue........ You seem to think that is ok. That might be ok for you but not for me. Will stick to 6.04.

Whatever Chris. So, you had an issue........ You seem to think that is ok. That might be ok for you but not for me. Will stick to 6.04.
I didn’t have an issue. Ever.

I’d love to know one band tour where nothing ever went wrong or work around was made. It’s GEAR. It happens.

FAS will fix what it can recreate. It always has. Help recreate the issue so it can be fixed.

I didn’t have an issue. Ever.

I’d love to know one band tour where nothing ever went wrong or work around was made. It’s GEAR. It happens.

FAS will fix what it can recreate. It always has. Help recreate the issue so it can be fixed.
So, you recommend that I go from a stable version of the firmware that I did gigs with to a version that had posts verified in the bug report section of the AX8 forum ( before it was shut down) to prove a point to you? Er. No thanks.

Also Chris, why do you treat customers with such contempt for highlighting shortcomings? I did nothing wrong here. Just put some money in the Fractal account. Axefx2 Axefx 2XL MFC 101 mk2. MFC 101 Mk3. Two AX8’s. That is all I did. Buy stuff.
I absolutely know there is a problem with the last fw. Others have confirmed it. So, can we stop the diversionary tactics?
An announcement has been made and not about fixing the existing bugs. In fact, nothing was even mentioned about it. Just a statement about trying to cram in a different version of modelling. No mention of fixing any bugs. What am I missing? Same old tactics. “But look what they just gave us” while ignoring existing bugs. It gets old. I saw through it a long time ago.

So, you recommend that I go from a stable version of the firmware that I did gigs with to a version that had posts verified in the bug report section of the AX8 forum ( before it was shut down) to prove a point to you? Er. No thanks.
Where at all did I suggest that. You say you have an issue. No one else has that issue. We can’t solve it if we don’t have the issue.

Stay on stable firmware for gigs. But we can’t solve it if we don’t know what causes the issue that we don’t experience. Pretty straight forward.

Where at all did I suggest that. You say you have an issue. No one else has that issue. We can’t solve it if we don’t have the issue.

Stay on stable firmware for gigs. But we can’t solve it if we don’t know what causes the issue that we don’t experience. Pretty straight forward.
I have said over and over again that ‘I’ don’t have an issue as I am stuck on 6.04
I have read confirmed issues ever since even that release that have kept me from even considering updating. As far as I know, it (6.04) is still the last stable release. There is no way I would even touch the latest fw.

FWIW, I have been using 10.01 live or at practice once a week since that version was released. No issues so the problem is by no means pervasive. I will keep giving with it.

However, I believe some people are having issues and it would help to know what is different about the use cases of those reporting the problem. Do we know?

@vinnyburns I get your frustration and your point is fair - a freeze should be fixed. It's been a while since I read through any threads on the issue but my recollection is that nobody was able to come up with a set of steps for anyone else to reproduce the problem.

I've never experienced the hang and I've had the AX8 since it was released - gigged and rehearsed with it a bunch. I know a lot of other AX8 users and have never heard of a hang.

Do you or anyone else have reliable steps to repro the bug?

I've been writing software for over 35 years - bugs almost never get fixed without a way for the developer to reproduce the problem.

I have had my AX8 "freeze" several times, only once at a gig. What happens to me is that the Bank Up control stops functioning. Bank Down works. Stompboxes work. But Bank Up does nothing. I have both Scenes and X/Y Switching disabled so I don't think it's a Sticky mode. This has happened maybe 7 times since I got the AX8 two or three years ago, but it seems to be getting a little more common.

I have had my AX8 "freeze" several times, only once at a gig. What happens to me is that the Bank Up control stops functioning. Bank Down works. Stompboxes work. But Bank Up does nothing. I have both Scenes and X/Y Switching disabled so I don't think it's a Sticky mode. This has happened maybe 7 times since I got the AX8 two or three years ago, but it seems to be getting a little more common.

What exactly do you mean by "freeze"? Other than Bank Up, what doesn't work? What happens to audio? Can you change patches via Bank Down? Is the only way out of it to reboot? The more detail you can provide, the better. Also, have you filed a support ticket? It could be that the actuator is malfunctioning and causing issues.

With details like this, we have a starting point for testing.

Even more would be great.

Also Chris, why do you treat customers with such contempt for highlighting shortcomings?
You do realize that Chris is not a Fractal employee, right? You aren't his customer...

I have said over and over again that ‘I’ don’t have an issue as I am stuck on 6.04
I have read confirmed issues ever since even that release that have kept me from even considering updating. As far as I know, it (6.04) is still the last stable release. There is no way I would even touch the latest fw.
So... You don't have a problem but you're complaining about problems you don't have and have not experienced?

You aren't "stuck" except by your own limitations. Perhaps try the latest version and see if you actually experience the problems?

If you do, it is easy enough to go back, as I'm sure you already know. Also, you can then potentially provide the information to resolve said issue.

If you don't, then hurray!

Also Chris, why do you treat customers with such contempt for highlighting shortcomings?
I don’t and I dislike the view that anything positive about fractal means that.

An announcement has been made and not about fixing the existing bugs. In fact, nothing was even mentioned about it.
Read this out loud and see how it comes across to everyone else.

I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day.

This is fantastic news and put a huge smile on my face; many thanks Cliff and FAS for your efforts...always appreciated and respected here...:guitar:

You do realize that Chris is not a Fractal employee, right? You aren't his customer...

So... You don't have a problem but you're complaining about problems you don't have and have not experienced?

You aren't "stuck" except by your own limitations. Perhaps try the latest version and see if you actually experience the problems?

If you do, it is easy enough to go back, as I'm sure you already know. Also, you can then potentially provide the information to resolve said issue.

If you don't, then hurray!
Yes, I do realise that. I am still a Fractal customer though. Chris interacts with customers. Is that hard for you to comprehend? He is also quite able to defend himself with you wading in. Do you work for Fractal? I knew as soon as I posted on this thread that the same four or five people would have to jump to the defence. Nothing ever changes.
I am stuck on a much earlier firmware. I can’t take advantage of the quicker scenes change on the later FW without risking what others have experienced and I am not prepared to do that on a gig.

I don’t and I dislike the view that anything positive about fractal means that.

Read this out loud and see how it comes across to everyone else.
Sorry, I don’t follow you? I read an announcement concerning the possible porting of a newer version of the amp modelling. I don’t believe anything was ever said about fixing the existing bugs. If I have missed that, I am sure you will point me to where something else was said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom