....really fractal? EDIT: Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly Random extreme Volume jumps when switching presets and randomly resetting all of my I/O parameters. I absolutely love my Ax8. I know how amazing it is, but I think I’m allowed to me frustrated too. The volume jumps are extremely noticeable at gigs, especially when playing larger stages
Well, i admit that for my gigs i only use one preset with a few scene changes! I also admit that once i'm settled on "my live tone preset" i don't change any i/o parameters (maybe cabinet simulation bypass). I know Out1 is for FOH, Out2 to power amp... i can set up quick in a dark stage!

Anyways, i understand why you might get frustrated but aggressively demanding a FW update isn't necessarily going to fix your specific issues. What if next FW doesn't fix your problems? Instead, try to figure out a work around or alternative way to use your unit! You might be surprised and get that "aha! moment" that accomplishes what you needed to do with your gear in a more efficient way (or more complicated but hey!... as long as it works!).

The resetting of IO parameters is caused by shutting the unit down to quickly, try waiting 10 seconds after doing anything to the unit before shutting down.
No it isn’t. I have had all my global settings reset after turning off the unit without changing or touching anything. I am talking about going out of my studio live room to have a cigarette, coming back in and deciding i was finished for the day. Turn the unit off. Next day turn it on and all global settings reset. So, are you going off what you read on the forum or experience? My experience is not what you are saying.

No it isn’t. I have had all my global settings reset after turning off the unit without changing or touching anything. I am talking about going out of my studio live room to have a cigarette, coming back in and deciding i was finished for the day. Turn the unit off. Next day turn it on and all global settings reset. So, are you going off what you read on the forum or experience? My experience is not what you are saying.
This has been my experience and the answer I got from Fractal support when I opened a ticket.
Is there any chance you hit an expression pedal before turning it off?

No, I didn’t. Pretty bad state of affairs if that was the cause though.
That sounds like a battery issue... has it happened more than once? It almost sounds like you have a defective unit. Have you opened a support ticket with Fractal?

Absolutely not a battery issue. Done at least year of gigs since it last happened with the same AX8 and it’s backup ( I have two). Happened only twice since owning both units from new. First unit was the first week of release in Europe.
Why can’t you just accept the information for what it is?
Do you work for Fractal?

Absolutely not a battery issue. Done at least year of gigs since it last happened with the same AX8 and it’s backup ( I have two). Happened only twice since owning both units from new. First unit was the first week of release in Europe.
Why can’t you just accept the information for what it is?
Do you work for Fractal?
So, you have 2 units, it happened twice... So once per unit? And that's been over a year? I don't understand what you are complaining about?

You do realize these are computers, right? And computers occasionally glitch... It does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom