AFIII A Cinematic Song - New Mix!

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey everyone,

So I've been working on trying out some new styles and a publisher requested that I try an epic cinematic approach that builds and builds...and builds. When I wrote this, I originally envisioned it to be a male/female duet, but they liked my voice and wanted me to run with it, so it was fun working on a new vocal style as well (aside from belting out a few nut grabbers in the last chorus that I thought a girl would sing).

I used the Axe-III for the guitars and bass (YA AC-212 Gold and YA SV-210) with generous amounts of the gorgeous Stratocumulus reverb. It's crazy, you rarely hear guitar in modern sync tunes, but that needs to change. I used some cool reverb hold tricks to make pads with guitars and even doubled the bridge cello with a fuzz tone.

Anyway, it still needs work, and I hate how Soundcloud destroys the clarity and image of a song, but I wanted to share it with you guys.
If you have any tips on mastering for Soundcloud to make it more alive, please let me know.

Here it is...and I'm sure it'll change by tomorrow anyway.

Edit: The song got picked up by a publisher, so I had to remove the link.

Last edited:
hearing this I have even more respect for your ears - even listening thru cruddy work pc speakers that breathy voice... v nice.
Man, thank you for your kindness. That’s a great sign if it sounds good on crappy work pc speakers, so that’s great news! That U47 is insane on vocals. It brings out every little nuance of the voice....the good and the bad. :)

Man, thank you for your kindness. That’s a great sign if it sounds good on crappy work pc speakers, so that’s great news! That U47 is insane on vocals. It brings out every little nuance of the voice....the good and the bad. :)
while a u47 IS amazing... you pretty much gotta have a good voice to begin with so... lotsa credit there. yes, nothing like a 1.5" driver for fidelity!

Thank you all for your kindness! Sincerely, it means the world to me. I remixed the song today and May put up a new version tomorrow that sounds way bigger. I feel like I’m learning new things every day when it comes to mixing and production.

You are absolutely silly to have any anxiety over the vocals. Your voice it great and you hit those high notes beautifully. I enjoyed it immensely. Give those nuts a break. :)

Justin, that’s killer. It has power and air at the same time. It builds in a logical way, it has flow... and it speaks to a large enough audience that, with the right marketing, it could be a hit.

You are absolutely silly to have any anxiety over the vocals. Your voice it great and you hit those high notes beautifully. I enjoyed it immensely. Give those nuts a break. :)
Hahaha! Thanks man, and I’ll be sure to give the boys a break. :)

Justin, that’s killer. It has power and air at the same time. It builds in a logical way, it has flow... and it speaks to a large enough audience that, with the right marketing, it could be a hit.
Thanks a lot! I wrote it hoping it would be used in show or for a film/tv/trailer/credits sort of thing, but I’m still learning what’s needed for those applications. The new mix has TONS of big Taiko drums, and I’m figuring it how to compose things that will be musical and pace well with visual edits. It’s been challenging and exciting trying something completely different.

Thanks a lot! I wrote it hoping it would be used in show or for a film/tv/trailer/credits sort of thing, but I’m still learning what’s needed for those applications. The new mix has TONS of big Taiko drums, and I’m figuring it how to compose things that will be musical and pace well with visual edits. It’s been challenging and exciting trying something completely different.
Okay, I gotta hear that with Taiko.

So I uploaded the new mix in the original post. This one has bigger drums, added instrumentation, a ton of automation changes, and hopefully nails the feeling of a Marvel movie. Whew... Anyway, I hope you guys like the new version. And I'm still open to an criticisms or mastering tips to get things to sound good on SoundCloud.

Back
Top Bottom