ToneQuest - Episode 8 - John Petrucci + Free Preset!

gurtejsingh

Inspired
Hello folks! Episode 8 of my ToneQuest series is finally out (phew!) and this is my first attempt (hopefully not last!) at a John Petrucci tone preset. This was challenging to say the least! Would love to hear your thoughts!

It took me quite a while to come close to the tone considering the vast variety of Mesa Boogie amps, and the preset is out on Axe Change for you to try for FREE, link in the video description and in the comments. Everything is 100% stock from the Axe FX II using the Ares Firmware.

PS: If you really appreciate my efforts and like my presets, please do watch the FULL video and please do consider supporting my channel with a sub and your comments as feedback!

My guitar has quite thick sounding pickups, I did have to cut some bottom from the PEQ block and reduce the amp level by 7 Db to prevent clipping. Nice preset

Last edited:
My guitar has quite thick sounding pickups, I did have to cut some bottom from the PEQ block and reduce the amp level by 7 Db to prevent clipping. Nice preset
Thank you for trying the the preset and letting me know. That sounds like one powerful set of pickups you got there :) Cheers!

Thank you for trying the the preset and letting me know. That sounds like one powerful set of pickups you got there :) Cheers!
They are Ibanez V2's from the 80`s. They are hot (16 K ohms) but I set my input level so as to barely light up the red input light on only the very hardest strumming.

Back
Top Bottom