Implemented Ability to load multiple local bank files

xpenno

Power User
Not sure if this has been requested before or not but I think it would be cool if you could load multiple bank files up and have them appear for general browsing along with the AxeFX banks/presets. Currently this is only possible by importing a single preset from the bank file meaning you have to reopen the file each time. Would be cool for auditioning presets such as Austin Buddy's and also would allow to maintain a local library.

Ok, so I checked out the current functionality and it is partly what I was thinking of. The issue is that Axe-Manage is docked over main editor window meaning that you can't scroll through presets and tweak in the editor window before either saving back to the bank or saving to the AxeFX. You have to bounce back between the editor and Axe-Manage each time you want to swap presets so whilst it's great for a quick audition/import function it's not really what I was hoping for.

Was thinking that when you click the preset picker that it could open up a list of AxeFX presets as well as your "local Library" which could inlcude bank and random preset files.

Not mega important but I think it would be worthwhile feature at some point.

Cheers
Spence

Ok, so I checked out the current functionality and it is partly what I was thinking of. The issue is that Axe-Manage is docked over main editor window meaning that you can't scroll through presets and tweak in the editor window before either saving back to the bank or saving to the AxeFX. You have to bounce back between the editor and Axe-Manage each time you want to swap presets so whilst it's great for a quick audition/import function it's not really what I was hoping for.

Was thinking that when you click the preset picker that it could open up a list of AxeFX presets as well as your "local Library" which could inlcude bank and random preset files.

Not mega important but I think it would be worthwhile feature at some point.

Cheers
Spence
Yes, if you want to edit presets while you’re auditioning them, you have to do a little back and forth. The ability to use both windows simultaneously is a long-standing wish.

But if you want to audition presets in rapid succession, Axe-Manage makes that stupid easy.

Yes, if you want to edit presets while you’re auditioning them, you have to do a little back and forth. The ability to use both windows simultaneously is a long-standing wish.

But if you want to audition presets in rapid succession, Axe-Manage makes that stupid easy.
Or you can use FracTool to audition while axeedit running (windows and axefx 2/3 only)

Sorry for confusion. It does work but not if you are using the 'Real UI' for Amps and Drives.. Cheers.

Indeed! FracPad.. So you are saying it is possible to actually 'audition' the preset with FracTool in addition to visualize the preset layout and individual settings?

Indeed! FracPad.. So you are saying it is possible to actually 'audition' the preset with FracTool in addition to visualize the preset layout and individual settings?
Yes
The fracpad issue with real ui is fixed in 3.19, released soon

Allowing the Axe-Manage windows to float and allow access to Axe-Edit would be a major improvement to Axe-Edit. On the face of it, it doesn't appear to be a very difficult thing to accomplish, must be something else going on that prevents it from happening.

Back
Top Bottom