The Boaz One Modular Guitar

GotMetalBoy

Power User
WARNING!!! If you don't like change and only like vintage guitars, please close this page now and run in the opposite direction as fast as you can!!! ;)

I was watching YouTube this weekend and a video on the right caught my eye titled: "THE GUITAR OF THE FUTURE! - 'Boaz One' Plastic Modular Guitar". I figured I already have the amp modeler of the future, I'll have to check out the guitar of the future. After watching the video, I immediately went to their website https://boazone.modularguitar.com and signed up to be notified when they get released. They said in the video the starting price will only be $399!!! I've been saving $ to buy a Relish Guitar but they're 10x the price. The Boaz One guitar has everything I've ever wanted in a guitar.

UPDATE: Here's more info I've found

The owner's name is: Elkayam Boaz

Main Site: https://boazone.modularguitar.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BoazGuitars/

Boaz Elkayam YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjOeQbf7gCZchvDTGfscSWA

Interview from January 12, 2017: Boaz Elkayam: "There is no wood supplier in the world that can say he sold me wood for building guitars." https://guitarconnoisseurmagazine.c...can-say-he-sold-me-wood-for-building-guitars/

UPDATE: Sunday July 14

UPDATE: Tuesday July 30

Just submitted my Kickstarter pledge for the $449 Super Early Bird: Advanced Guitar Bundle + $30 shipping!!! :)

The Boaz One will let you be free from ever being restricted by your instrument. Feel the beautifully crafted full body while switching styles at any time.

To upgrade your guitar add to your pledge below:
$45 for Winged Body (with pick holder)
$150 per pickup module (Strat style, Les Paul style, Tele style)
$75 for Brass bridge (fine tuning, adjustable)
$20 for Plastic bridge (Fixed)

INCLUDES:
The guitar
The Full body (with pullout stand)
2 modules of your choice(Strat style, Les Paul style, Tele style)
Aluminum Bridge (Fine tuning, Adjustable)

Last edited:
This..... looks very interesting. At first glance it looks like a cheap toy plastic guitar. But the possibilities look endless. And I love what the guitologist did, take out the module with the pickups and electronics and aim them towards anything that can generate a noise. Tom Morello would have a field day with this thing.

If only they can sort out the looks and feel of the thing. I like a really thin neck. First thing I always do when trying out a new guitar is to grab the neck and get a feel of how thick or thin it is. As for looks that's the only thing I'm a purist in. I couldn't care less about tone woods or vintage wiring. But if the design looks fugly I won't touch it. Especially headstocks. And this guitar still looks fugly. Especially its headstock. The body can obviously be changed, but I do hope they release something with a Fender CBS Strat style headstock.

This..... looks very interesting. At first glance it looks like a cheap toy plastic guitar. But the possibilities look endless. And I love what the guitologist did, take out the module with the pickups and electronics and aim them towards anything that can generate a noise. Tom Morello would have a field day with this thing.

If only they can sort out the looks and feel of the thing. I like a really thin neck. First thing I always do when trying out a new guitar is to grab the neck and get a feel of how thick or thin it is. As for looks that's the only thing I'm a purist in. I couldn't care less about tone woods or vintage wiring. But if the design looks fugly I won't touch it. Especially headstocks. And this guitar still looks fugly. Especially its headstock. The body can obviously be changed, but I do hope they release something with a Fender CBS Strat style headstock.

I agree that it's pretty ugly. Hopefully spray paint or PlatiDip will stick to it, so I can paint it a different color. I'm hoping they make different body and neck shapes too. I have small hands, so I like thin Ibanez necks. It would be great if they make variations of classic guitar bodies and their own creative designs. Regarding the headstock, I'm not too picky but they should make a 3+3 and 6 in line. I'm also hoping they make a 7 string guitar and 4 and 5 string bass. I noticed they only have a single humbucker cassette. Hopefully they make a dual humbucker, HSS and HSH versions. I like the idea of non-metal frets to cut down on string noise.

I really like the owners attitude. He keeps saying in the video that it's his team and not just him taking all the credit. He also doesn't seem to be money hungry and wants to make the best product for the best price, so everyone can afford one.

Well, it's obviously still in development, and aesthetics aside I think its very cool that they are trying to think outside of the box regarding guitars. Many have tried over the decades and yet the basic design remains the same. It will be interesting to see if this one will go the same way or not.

Hmmm, Delrin fretboard. Not sure that's a good choice. IIRC Delrin has a poor thermal expansion coefficient.

Also, in general, a guitar's tone is reflective of its materials. A guitar made out of 100% plastic will probably sound, well, "plasticky".

Love the innovation that has gone into this guitar, especially the bridge and nut. Maybe some of these inventions will show up soon in other guitars!

Last edited:
I'd like to see high end or at least a pro version of this guitar. Some of the things this guy invented are really cool, and most pro musicians could benefit from it, not only beginners.

It looks like the designs with only one pickup move it up a bit farther from the bridge than normal (and farther than the 3 single coils)... like halfway between normal bridge and middle position. Wonder how that will sound.

I'd like to see high end or at least a pro version of this guitar. Some of the things this guy invented are really cool, and most pro musicians could benefit from it, not only beginners.

From what I've read about the owner Elkayam Boaz, he's definitely got the skills to build a pro version. It would be awesome if he designed a tremolo bridge with the same innovation as his fixed bridge, especially if he could make it as easy to set intonation and adjust the action.

It looks like the designs with only one pickup move it up a bit farther from the bridge than normal (and farther than the 3 single coils)... like halfway between normal bridge and middle position. Wonder how that will sound.

He said in the video that low priced custom options will be available and won't be expensive and we'll be able to get blanks, so we can install what ever pickups we want.

Not really. Morello has been playing the same gear for > 25 years.

Amps and pedals, yes, that rig has consistently stayed the same. Guitars however he has always picked up new ones that tickled his fancy. Especially when they had something weird or faulty that gave them an unique sound that inspired him. And when he started Audioslave he basically chose a new Strat as his new main axe, Soulpower. No, if one of these gets by him he will most definitely use it.

New video. Also heard that they are going to be up for sale soon for 40% $400. I'm going to buy 2. Over 7 years ago I took a much more expensive risk and bought this thing called an Axe-Fx II that I heard good things about and was cutting edge. It was about the same price as my Triaxis but it had FX and 98% of everything else you could wish for. It ended up completely changing the world's view of modelers. I've always thought it was cool that I had one before all my guitar and bass heros. Now I'm chasing my fix for a guitar that may change the way we look at guitars.

Just submitted my Kickstarter pledge for the $449 Super Early Bird: Advanced Guitar Bundle + $30 shipping!!! :)

The Boaz One will let you be free from ever being restricted by your instrument. Feel the beautifully crafted full body while switching styles at any time.

To upgrade your guitar add to your pledge below:
$45 for Winged Body (with pick holder)
$150 per pickup module (Strat style, Les Paul style, Tele style)
$75 for Brass bridge (fine tuning, adjustable)
$20 for Plastic bridge (Fixed)

INCLUDES:
The guitar
The Full body (with pullout stand)
2 modules of your choice(Strat style, Les Paul style, Tele style)
Aluminum Bridge (Fine tuning, Adjustable)

Wow! Their Kickstarter goal was $20,000 and after 1 hour they're over $55,000!!! It says they will be shipping by June 2020.

Back
Top Bottom