Axe-Fx III vs Zoom 505 !!!

Maybe next time talk in English? :smile: Or include some English subs? Methinks being able to reach a bigger audience never hurt anyone, right?
Maybe in the future, who knows? We have always been adressed to spanish/latin population, but if we start reaching some other audience, It might make sense to change language or invest some time on subs. 👍

And maybe it sounds bad now because you have changed? Traveled along on the journey. And what we think of as great now will sound terrible to us 20 years from now?

It is a very good way of seeing it. It is like a journey, you said it very well.

I had a Zoom 9002. It was the bomb in its day. Nowadays Zoom belongs on reruns of The Flash, not in my rig. Steel, funny bideo. I nearly chit my chorts.

Last edited:
Hola Micky. Muchas gracias por hacer ese vídeo divertido y nostálgico. Es una interesante perspectiva de como han cambiado los tiempos.

I was introduced to guitar modelers with the Zoom 9002!
I used it so much that the black paint was almost all gone, and all you could see was the white plastic.
Zoom%2B9002%2BGuitar%2BMulti-FX%2BProcessor.JPG

Good times to be a guitarist!
Saludos desde Bangkok,
Manuel

Wow that brings back memories! That's one of the first pieces of gear that started my gear addiction! My parents wouldn't let me buy music gear and used to tell me when I moved out and could support myself I can buy WHAT EVER I WANT!!! Well from the moment I moved out when I was 18 years old, I've been addicted to buying gear which is ironic because now 23 years later and I just bought a bunch of new gear last night!

Zoom still has all their old gear listed on their support page under Guitar + Bass Effects > Show Discontinued Products
+ https://www.zoom-na.com/support-and-downloads#term-1

Here's a picture of Andy Timmons's Zoom 9002
+

The Zoom 505 sounds bad because it's direct.

If they plugged it into the Axe for IR's I'm sure it would sound 1000x better

There's a handful of 90s Multieffects that under the right conditions can be dialed in extremely well

My very first 'pedal' was a ZOOM 4040 and even then I thought it's 'amps' and distortion/overdrive blocks were awful, then I got a BOSS DS-1 hooked on the effects loop and was night and day, at least for the 12-year old me playing on an Epiphone starter pack anyways ... :sweatsmile:

The effects were just ok, I think.

Back
Top Bottom