WISH: Option to turn off FC when not using it

Baldadi

Inspired
Often I just use my Axe3 just as an interface for listening to music or for tweaking presets whithout the need for my FC to be active.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn my FC 'off' from:
1) the Axe itself (setup/controller menu maybe?)
2) Axe edit
3) the pedal itself maybe (something like a ctrl-alt-del) combination of 3 buttons or a 2 button-combination that is unlikely to be used by accident?)

No distracting lights and blinks. No unnecessary power suck. No use = no degrading components (lights, screens), etc...

Off course I could just unplug the thing every time but you don't wanna be doing that all the time.

Your thoughts?

Duh.... I don't want to unplug my TV everyday. Or my Axe3. Do you?

A simple on/off button in AxeEdit would just be more convenient.
In this particular case, i believe that unplugging is the best way, as the master/slave nature of the III/FC is dependant on power and control from the III, and since a hardware on off is not provided, I would not put any more stress on AxeEdit to control on /off power as it is doing so much multitasking already .....but what the f do I know,.

Duh.... I don't want to unplug my TV everyday. Or my Axe3. Do you?
I routinely unplug my FC. These things you mention are not equivalent. I unplug my guitar from my pedals and effects and amp all the time when I’m not using it.

There’s no other way to physically cut power to the FC so a software-controlled power off/on option isn’t possible. If it’s plugged in, it’s on.

If it really pains you to remove a cable you can dim all the displays from the FC setup menu.

Last edited:
In this particular case, i believe that unplugging is the best way, as the master/slave nature of the III/FC is dependant on power and control from the III, and since a hardware on off is not provided, I would not put any more stress on AxeEdit to control on /off power as it is doing so much multitasking already .....but what the f do I know,.
There’s no other way to physically cut power to the FC so a software-controller power off/on option isn’t possible. If it’s plugged in, it’s on.
If it really pains you to remove a cable you can dim all the displays from the FC setup menu.
Thx for your arguments/insights. If it's not possible, it's not possible. One can always wish...
By the way, I never unplug my guitar, it's constantly plugged in the axe with my guitar next to it ;-). ... unless I want to use another guitar off course

I think it would be easy enough to wire up an on/off toggle switch between the Axe and the FC, basically something like a little male/female xlr box with a SPST latching foot switch you plug in between them, and then you could just step on the switch to cut power. Probably like $15 or less in parts

I think it would be easy enough to wire up an on/off toggle switch between the Axe and the FC, basically something like a little male/female xlr box with a SPST latching foot switch you plug in between them, and then you could just step on the switch to cut power. Probably like $15 or less in parts
Not too keen on yet another box on my floor, but it's creative! Thx!

Oops, just bought a 3U SKB case... but that's okay. I guess I can learn to live with unplugging on the floor ;-)

Doesn’t have to be a foot switch/floor box, wire it to a toggle switch, rack mount it, sit it on your desk etc. The FC will work over a very long length of cable so you can freely put a switch anywhere you want.

Do you know the name of the thin cable that is used on the patch bay?
There are several different types of cable for MIDI, audio, power, etc. be more specific about which connection type? You want the cable manufacturer? It’s likely Mogami.

There are several different types of cable for MIDI, audio, power, etc. be more specific about which connection type? You want the cable manufacturer? It’s likely Mogami.
I think he’s asking about the product name/number.

George L. sells small-diameter cable like that, as do a few others. It’s really handy for routing signals inside of a rack case, and keeping them out of the way. I use a length of George L. cable to connect my wireless to the rear input of my Axe. The cable disappears inside the wall of the rack, and comes out elsewhere for the final connection, allowing me complete access to the back of the rack.

I think he’s asking about the product name/number.

George L. sells small-diameter cable like that, as do a few others. It’s really handy for routing signals inside of a rack case, and keeping them out of the way. I use a length of George L. cable to connect my wireless to the rear input of my Axe. The cable disappears inside the wall of the rack, and comes out elsewhere for the final connection, allowing me complete access to the back of the rack.
https://btpa.com/Bulk-Product/Cable/Rack-Pedal-Board/

Back
Top Bottom