Why not Rivera?

Why do we need a Rivera amp model ? Is there something overly unique that the other 230 some amp models that already exist don't provide ?

Couldn't the same question be said for lots of brands ? There are thousands of real world amp models, do we need 1,500 amp models or more ?

I'm all for 'as many as possible", but I'm sure the amount of work that has gone into getting the existing models is immense. I guess for Cliff & Co it's all a matter of prioritizing and it makes more sense to cover the most popular Amps first.

The AxeIII is still evolving, so maybe in the future more Amps will turn up. In the meantime though, if someone can't get great tones with whats already available, they don't know what they're doing IMHO.

At what point does N+1 become rather silly though ??

How do we choose what the say, 1500 amp models are, and then why is __ still not listed someone will wonder, no ?

You choose what you like. I don't wonder. It's a relatively known process at this point. Fractal acquires schematics and said amp, then a lot of work is done to model it accurately. If there is enough demand for an amp and it is determined by Fractal that it is worthy of modeling then let's do it. Stop shitting on other peoples requests.

A few points:

-I've never heard anything out of a Rivera that warranted FAS either buying one, or having one sent to them to model.
-It's a sort of from the Fender branch amp, so there's only roughly 45 amps that will be in the ball park.

I've played a couple of Rivera's. Plenty of 'push/pull' options so there is not one 'Rivera sound'.

IMO you can find that tone pretty easily in the III. No argument against it, but we're in the area where these are all EQ tweaks on the 200+ amps we have...probably start there.

Or log a 'wish list' item if you are adamant.

R

I have a Rivera Blues Shaman overdrive pedal which gives a very natural sounding overdrive. When you step on it, it sounds more like you are adding a second channel to your amp. I think you guys would enjoy a Drive model of it.

Its not a "one and done" thing (adding amps). They have to keep reference amps (storage, maintenance, etc) to test with over the years as they evolve their firmware and hardware. So keeping it to a manageable level is key. Also, they tend to only model new amps that are heavily requested AND brings something new to the lineup. A tone easily achievable with the current amps isnt going to make the cut.

Back
Top Bottom