What do you use as a stand to raise your Axe-Fx III?

guitwiz

I'm 6'1" and want my axe-fx at eye level and on a firm steady surface that won't get knocked down at a gig.
Can't put it on a speaker cab like old days cuz I have powered wedges.
What do people use to raise the rack live without having to lug around something heavy??
Thanks.

A keyboard stand. Will post pic.
Edit: thought it was an amp stand, then thought it was a keyboard stand. No longer sure exactly what it is, but pic is a few posts down. Been using it for years (except during the AX8 days).

Last edited:
I use 2 x Quik-Lok BS619 'X' stands, one for my rack, and another for my 2x12 cab.
They work great, and fold neatly away.

Appreciate the suggestions, but all raise to under 3 feet which would be fine if I were sitting in front of it.
At my height, still have to bend over to see display with these.
Still looking for something taller...

Appreciate the suggestions, but all raise to under 3 feet which would be fine if I were sitting in front of it.
At my height, still have to bend over to see display with these.
Still looking for something taller...

You shouldn't need to bend over to see the display. With my current setup the unit is angled up while mounted on the amp stand. Can see it clearly while standing up.

Not playing out, at the moment, but I used to use an amp stand turned around backwards so the slant faces towards me. Granted the screen was only at waist level, but it worked fine.

Any taller than a mixing stand would start to border on not safe for fear of tipping over. Maybe one of the tilt stands would be better. i personally dont like the tilt stands as i like to set stuff on top of my rack and the tilt stand makes this impossible. I use the quicklock mixer stand for years now.

Im using a stand made by "On Stage", I got it at Guitar Center. I have my AXE III at a height of 36" next to my desk. I have not used it live this way yet but I might give it a go since I don't have a case for it yet.56051

Last edited:
I seem to recall a very similar thread for the Axe Fx II a while back...

Unfortunately I don't remember if there was an answer.

Keep in mind that most people using an Axe Fx (or pretty much any rack gear) live do not have it anywhere near eye level unless they are under 4 feet tall. Or they have a very large rack.

I used to use an amp stand. Now I use an SKB 4 space rack that I stand vertically near me. All connections are fed through a rack panel in the front.

Back
Top Bottom