AMP 1 AMP 2

neale dunham

Experienced
Just a quick one.....

Are you able to set 4 channels, A through to D on AMP block 1 for example using scenes 1-4, then using scenes 5-8, program AMP block 2 A through D using different amps and settings all under the same preset?

Or is that cheating the system?

I'll piggy back this question with a similar one. I tried copying a amp block over and it copied all channels with it. Can I copy one channel of a amp block that I like to another amp block without erasing the other channels?

I'll piggy back this question with a similar one. I tried copying a amp block over and it copied all channels with it. Can I copy one channel of a amp block that I like to another amp block without erasing the other channels?
Yes. Click the channel menu in the amp block and choose copy.

You can do the same thing with most effects blocks that have two instances, too.

So basically you can have 8 entire, fully independent rigs per patch if you want. There's a lot of flexibility.

Thanks Guys,

I thought this might be poss but the reason I asked this question initially is because, I tried this scenario with two amp blocks and couldn't get it to work.

Knowing Axe fx software, there is probably some nonsensical button/switch that needs to be activated for no apparent reason before allowing me to do this??

So basically, I set up a preset with two amp blocks, with this flow:

Input 1 > split to Amp 1 and Amp 2 > re-joined into Output 1.

Is this the issue here? Does the signal chain need to be stereo by incorporating Output 2 in order to work correctly??

If for instance I use A Marshall amp on Amp block 1 and then a Mesa Boogie on Amp block 2 what happens is this:

I can set amp block A on Channels 1-4 then when I go to use Block 2 on channels 5-8 (I am muting block A). All of my Mesa Settings have changed to the Marshall Settings and will not save as intended?

I cant seem to set up two different amps and save the settings??

Whats going on here??

I can set amp block A on Channels 1-4 then when I go to use Block 2 on channels 5-8 (I am muting block A). All of my Mesa Settings have changed to the Marshall Settings and will not save as intended?
There aren't eight channels, so it's not clear what you're doing here.

Rex,

I understand there are not eight channels. This is my point.

What is the point of having two amp blocks if I cant use 8 channels??

Rex,

I understand there are not eight channels. This is my point.

What is the point of having two amp blocks if I cant use 8 channels??
You can use four channels of one Amp block for scenes 1 through 4, and use the four channels of the other Amp block for scenes 5 through 8.

Ok.

Can you set each amp block to a different amp?

This is where my problems lie.
Each Amp block has four channels. Each of those channels can be any amp model you want. When you save, all four channels are saved.

You need to save each Scene independently. So, set up scene 1 with what amp block & channel you want (Amp 1, ChA) & SAVE, then switch to Scene 5 (Amp 2, ChA) & SAVE. And so on.. and make sure your Amp Block bypass states are both Muted. Otherwise you’ll have the clean signal coming through on the bypassed Amp Block.
So Scenes 1-4 = Amp 1 Chnls A-D &
Scenes 5-8 = Amp 2 Chnls A-D for a total of 8, just click on each Scene first so you are in that Scene, turn on & off everything you want & save, and do that for each scene, then when you open that scene again it’ll be right as you saved it.

To summarise

Amp 1 - has four channels, each channel is completely independent. So you could have:

Channel A: Fender Twin
Channel B: Vox AC-30
Channel C: Plexi
Channel D: JCM 800

Amp 2

Channel A: Solo 100
Channel B: Bogner Red
Channel C: Recto
Channel D: FAS Brown

You can also do the same with the CAB block, so each amp has it's own cab

Then cable input -> Amp 1 -> Cab 1 -> Output 1
-> Amp 2 -> Cab 2 -> Output 1

Make sure the bypass mode of each amp block is set to mute.

Then Scene 1 - Set Amp 1 to be Channel A, Cab 1 to Channel A. Bypass Amp 2
Scene 2 - Set Amp 1 to Channel B, Cab 1 to Channel B. Bypass Amp 2
etc.etc
Scene 8. Set Amp 2 to Channel D, Cab 2 to Channel D. Bypass Amp 1

You then have 8 amps and 8 cabs in one preset.

Can I suggest you look at Leon's videos? Like this one:

Back
Top Bottom