Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.08

Hi, @FractalAudio
When I compare the Cab Block and IR Player Block, load the same IR and the same setting on both Block I can feel the sound change very very subtle it hard to hear but when I play I can feel it different especially play loud , could you please make a switch that can switch on/off the Low/High Cut on individual Cab IR slot? because I mix IR on Cab Lab, I don't use High/Low cut on Cab slot section

thanks for your hard work
I would think if you leave the hi/lo cuts at default (20hz/20Kkz), this would be the equivalent of turning the feature "off." I could be wrong.

Hi, @FractalAudio
When I compare the Cab Block and IR Player Block, load the same IR and the same setting on both Block I can feel the sound change very very subtle it hard to hear but when I play I can feel it different especially play loud , could you please make a switch that can switch on/off the Low/High Cut on individual Cab IR slot? because I mix IR on Cab Lab, I don't use High/Low cut on Cab slot section

thanks for your hard work
If you set the Low/High Cut to 20/20K it defeats them. Any perceived difference you are hearing is imagined.

5.08 is THE BEST FW in history is REAL people! I can hear a HUGE difference from 5.07, like a blanket lifted off of my tone!

Oh yeah, I forgot I did have a bunch of blankets draped over my speaker cab until yesterday (it seemed like a logical place to put them). Maybe that was it?

I have not upgraded from the original firmware my III shipped with (looks like 1.17).

When I upgrade to the latest firmware, what changes/improvements can I expect?

This update has given me just about the right amount of extra CPU room I needed to get that kitchen sink preset really cooking!!!!

Thank you Cliff for all your hard work!!

I didn't see much change in CPU usage, with the exception of one program, which jumped from ~70% usage to ~82%. It's the 5F6A Bassguy patch, with one extra IR loaded - the 6" room sound one. Removing one of the two original IRs drops usage down to ~77% or so. Weird.

I didn't see much change in CPU usage, with the exception of one program, which jumped from ~70% usage to ~82%. It's the 5F6A Bassguy patch, with one extra IR loaded - the 6" room sound one. Removing one of the two original IRs drops usage down to ~77% or so. Weird.
Multiple IRs in the cab block use more CPU.

Multiple IRs in the cab block use more CPU.
I figured as much, which is why I dropped one, but thought it a bit odd that this one program used more CPU than the others, even afterwards when they all are set up with the same FX blocks and Controller functions, and only differ in the amp/cab used, and that it only started when it got the 5.08 update. I guess the new cab features use a bit more processor than before. :)

Back
Top Bottom