So... what is everyone using their Stand In Switches for?

SW1 - scenes/presets
SW2 - Tap/Tune
SW3 - Bank +/Layout 3 (effects)
SW4 - Bank-/Layout 4 (more effects)

I'm sure its me somehow

But as I mentioned in first post I already tried the reverse and normal settings as well as virtual toggle and follow hardware - and all combinations thereof. I'm sure it will be "palm to forehead" moment on my end once my error is pointed out for whole world to see - :).

I do not know what's happened but with out changing a thing other than it is a new day - usign precsisily the confgin
I'm sure its me somehow

But as I mentioned in first post I already tried the reverse and normal settings as well as virtual toggle and follow hardware - and all combinations thereof. I'm sure it will be "palm to forehead" moment on my end once my error is pointed out for whole world to see - :).

Thanks all for your time looking at this – but “never mind.”

Because, and I do not know what's happened, without changing anything other than it is a new day (an even numbered calendar day?) - using precisely config shown in my pic above (i.e., unchanged config) it is working today?

Yes I had booted and rebooted my FX III multiple times yesterday working on this so I’m glad it’s working but befuddled as to why.

Last edited:
I forgot - Sw2 Hold is Reveal Hold
Oh. Nice. Stealing this idea! So now I'm at:

SW1 Tap: MLM, SW1 Hold: Reveal Hold
SW2 Tap: Tempo, SW2 Hold: Tune
SW3 Tap: Previous Layout, SW3 Hold: n/a (Note: planned, not currently an option)
SW4 Tap: Next Layout, SW4 Hold: n/a (Note: planned, not currently an option)

Oh. Nice. Stealing this idea! So now I'm at:

SW1 Tap: MLM, SW1 Hold: Reveal Hold
SW2 Tap: Tempo, SW2 Hold: Tune
SW3 Tap: Previous Layout, SW3 Hold: n/a (Note: planned, not currently an option)
SW4 Tap: Next Layout, SW4 Hold: n/a (Note: planned, not currently an option)

I was going to ask how you made SW3 & SW4 happen.

Danny W.

Really loving the stand in implementation, it's a great way to get at functions I need available on any given layout.

SW1 tap - Solo boost (filter block level is controlled by an expression knob in my rack)
SW1 hold - Delay boost (not so much a boost, but tied to control switch that increases master feedback and a few other parameters)
SW2 tap - Looper layout
SW2 hold - Piezo scene (I wanted this on an external switch on the edge of my board so there are no accidental switches to acoustic sounds in the middle of a song)

This has nothing to do with stand ins, but another cool external control thing I'm doing is this: On my "perform" layout, tap functions bypass effects, hold functions toggle each of the corresponding effects to Channel D with smart bypass. Channel D of my effects are set to be controlled with an expression pedal (delay volume, rotary/trem speed, whammy). So any effect that needs a little extra oomph, I toggle with the hold function and control with an expression pedal. When I'm ready to go back to the regular channels for those effects, I just reload the scene.

Back
Top Bottom