Expression pedal setup?

Ok, thank you. I think I’m going to get the one with 2 Ev pedals and the six presets for like $230(?) I think it was. I’m tossing the sanpera
What “the one”? You can just use anything with switches with anything else. Lots of those are made specifically for one amp or system.

Tell us exactly what you’re talking about here.

The Morningstar MC-6 is popular at $230 + shipping. Not used it myself, m. Seems to have lots of support for Fractal products built in.

Here's an informative video of a user showing off how they've setup the MC-6 to work with their Axe FX II.

I think for 100-250 that’s the best option, but if there is slightly cheaper with similar ability then pleasee lmk

The Morningstar MC-6 is popular at $230 + shipping. Not used it myself, m. Seems to have lots of support for Fractal products built in.

Here's an informative video of a user showing off how they've setup the MC-6 to work with their Axe FX II.

I think for 100-250 that’s the best option, but if there is slightly cheaper with similar ability then pleasee lmk

That's a 6 button midi foot controller. You still have to buy an expression pedal seperately

::the crowd boos @Banana Democracy “boo, go back to the kemper site ya bum, boooooooo!”

And banana sullenly slinks off with his head down, feeling isolated and left wondering, “will I ever get it???” :::

Lol
Ok thanks guy
Got more reading to do
Honestly I need a $200 FRFr more than anything so I’ll concentrate on there

Foot controller for changing presets, scenes, Fx, etc.

Expression pedal is a potentiometer (variable resistor) which gets used to modulate a parameter like volume up and down. It can be “translated” to midi for other controller needs.

You will want both.

The MC6 is the unit on the left. This person chose to add 2 separate expression pedals to it, and it’s mounted on a pedal board to keep things together. That’s not a set you can buy as is.

I'm not sure if it would be better to start a new thread, but here I go with my expression pedal probs...

First, I have a Mission SP-25M-PRO Aero that I used with my AX8 as a volume pedal and now I want to use as a vp with my Axe FX 3. It is currently connected via TRS to the Pedal 1 input of my FC-6 and all firmwares are current. I've calibrated it according to the manual, but nothing happened when I went through the sweep sequence of calibration. I also can't figure out how to assign it to control volume. I tried to use it as a volume modifier in a Vol/Pan block inserted just after my Cab, but again, nothing.

Second, I would like to use the toe switch on this same pedal to engage the tuner. Any idea how I could set that up?

Following up with my first issue, when I calibrate the pedal there is no slider showing the Axe FX 3 is detecting a pedal is plugged in. When I calibrated this same expression pedal on the AX8 there was a slider that showed up during calibration.

Following up with my first issue, when I calibrate the pedal there is no slider showing the Axe FX 3 is detecting a pedal is plugged in. When I calibrated this same expression pedal on the AX8 there was a slider that showed up during calibration.

Make sure you're calibrating FC 1 Pedal 1 and not just Pedal 1

I read the manual to set up my EV-1 as a wah, and I was successful... but have a question without opening a new link

Owners manual page 12 states, if your booking up to FC ho to page 13. Page 13 however does not touch on calibration of the pedal. Page 12 talks about calibration if hooking directly to the AXe3.

So I figured use page 13 to hook up the expression pedal via FC then drop back to page 12 and follow calibration directions via the AX3.

I access calibration commands that tell me to "proceed with full range of pedal, hit enter".... nothing happens. I am expecting to see the calibration meter on display reacting to my pedal, but I don't. So I am thinking it's not calibrated.

Hey guys, dont know if this is a good place to ask, but I'm having problems figuring out how to have delay and Reverb "trails" when I put my volume controller pedal in the heel position. I have the pedal (Moog EP3) calibrated, plugged into the FC-12 pedal jack. Sounds great, with beautiful trails when rolling down the volume on my guitar. But just silence when using the pedal. Any ideas?

Hey guys, dont know if this is a good place to ask, but I'm having problems figuring out how to have delay and Reverb "trails" when I put my volume controller pedal in the heel position. I have the pedal (Moog EP3) calibrated, plugged into the FC-12 pedal jack. Sounds great, with beautiful trails when rolling down the volume on my guitar. But just silence when using the pedal. Any ideas?
If you're using your expression pedal as a volume controller, then where you put it in your chain will determine whether you get to keep your tails when you roll it back.In front of the effect, keep the tails. After the effect, lose the tails.

To make it simpler, just tie the expression pedal to the Input Gain parameter of the Delay or Reverb block. Done.

Hey guys, dont know if this is a good place to ask
You already got a good answer to your actual question... But the answer to your first question is "not really".

In the future it's best to create a new thread for your specific question since it is only peripherally related to this thread.

Thanks, but neither answer works. I have the vol/pan block right after the input and I have the delay and reverb after the cab, right before the output. I also tied the same pedal I'm using for volume control (FC1 Pedal 2) to the Input Gain of the Delay and I'm still getting the same result. No trails when I move the pedal back to the heel position.
I'll move this to a new thread to see if I can get some other ideas.

Hello, I have a related issue that doesn't get addressed when I carefully follow yoitsmegabe's very helpful instructions above. My issue is the pedal seems 'stuck' in on off bypass mode. So I can turn the Wah Wah on or off but it doesn't seem to allow any gradation. Per yek I went to the page 13
connect and calibrate and expression pedal section and my pedal type shows CONTINUOUS. However, when I go to the WahWah block moving the pedal only seems to impact the BYPASS function (on off or in out). This appears to be a pedal oriented config issue because I have this issue with all the presets.
Wahwah1.jpg
Moving the pedal doesn't move the operation yellow dot.
Pedal1Off.jpg
With the pedal in the low or off position BYPASS is ON
Pedal1On.jpg
With the pedal in the high or on position BYPASS is OFF
Unfortunately, those are my only options at present. I am sure this is pilot error but I am at a loss as to where else to look for the setting that will address this issue.

Best,

Hagen

Back
Top Bottom