Exploring the 2290 Delay

Ok, maybe it is mono, but that's not the point.
The point is: axe edit is missing some parameters that are present in that delay type on the axe itself.
On the II, it is that way. On the III, it is a mono delay & is a more accurate representation of the real 2290. The issue is a glitch when converting from the II to the III patch. I saw that on my III when I first converted my II presets. I can't remember if it went away after it is saved on the III or just the next time I went to the patch but on the III, it is a mono delay by design.

no... the real 2290 is a stereo delay!
With the real 2290 you can set the L/R ratio! or not?
TC-2290_HE175_Rear_L.png
Ive had a real 2290 for 25+ years. It is a single line mono delay. If you read what I said, it creates stereo by panning that mono delay from one side to the other but it it not a true stereo delay.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe it is mono, but that's not the point.
The point is: axe edit is missing some parameters that are present in that delay type on the axe itself.
Ok, I just look at axe "on-board" menù... there isn't. The "L/R Ratio" there isn't in Axe-Edit and there isn't in Axe "on-board" menù. All is correct.

On the II, it is that way. On the III, it is a mono delay & is a more accurate representation of the real 2290. The issue is a glitch when converting from the II to the III patch. I saw that on my III when I first converted my II presets. I can't remember if it went away after it is saved on the III or just the next time I went to the patch but on the III, it is a mono delay by design.
Ok thanks for explaining! I'm sorry for it because "LR Ratio" is not the same thing of "Right Post Delay...."
The "bug" is a Glitch caused from conversion.... ....but I will continue to use this glitch to get "LR Ratio":cool::p:grin::grin::grin:
Thanks at all!
Bye!

Ok, I just look at axe "on-board" menù... there isn't. The "L/R Ratio" there isn't in Axe-Edit and there isn't in Axe "on-board" menù. All is correct.
I checked again today and you're right, but I swear I saw it when I switched back to the 2290 type yesterday.. maybe just another weird behaviour caused by converted blocks.

Ok thanks for explaining! I'm sorry for it because "LR Ratio" is not the same thing of "Right Post Delay...."
The "bug" is a Glitch caused from conversion.... ....but I will continue to use this glitch to get "LR Ratio":cool::p:grin::grin::grin:
Thanks at all!
Bye!

I have a Deluxe Mind Guy block with the same bug. I hope that bug never gets squashed :)

Back
Top Bottom