Wish Separate Auto engage & disengage parameters

Can I modify my wish to include a speed in-between med & slow or better yet, the ability to define a specific speed that works best for the individual rather than 3 preset speeds.

That’s a longtime wish of mine.

hmm...

if "slow engage" isn't a problem, then why do you need a separate disengage setting? your original post implies that the engage of the wah can be changed. in my experience, it's always immediate.

have you tried either Position or Speed auto-engage set to SLOW? it should already do exactly what you want. it seems you haven't tried this at all.

See my post right above yours.I have tried slow but a long time ago before today & now I remember the reason I didn't use it is it's too slow to disengage LOL!

See my post right above yours.I have tried slow but a long time ago before today & now I remember the reason I didn't use it is it's too slow to disengage LOL!
i see.

Engage speed was never an issue, only disengage speed.
this statement, to me, is what confused me. it doesn't support the original post at all. if engage speed wasn't an issue, then why do they need to be separate? that's all i was trying to get at through this thread.

medium speed works great for me. faster than Slow, and slower than Fast. i understand the new wish too, but i wonder if it's the different playing situations in different songs that cause the different needs, rather than the 3 current choices aren't quick/slow enough.

anyone have time to calculate the differences between Fast Med and Slow? i would guess it's all within 1000 milliseconds, and with that, i can't see 600ms being just right compared to 500ms.

It’s a “feel” thing, and very subjective to personal opinion. SLOW is really too slow for fragments of Wah between non-Wah parts. And MEDIUM shuts off too quickly when landing momentarily in the OFF zone. I’m quite certain that a value inbetween would be ideal for me.

i see.

this statement, to me, is what confused me. it doesn't support the original post at all. if engage speed wasn't an issue, then why do they need to be separate? that's all i was trying to get at through this thread.

medium speed works great for me. faster than Slow, and slower than Fast. i understand the new wish too, but i wonder if it's the different playing situations in different songs that cause the different needs, rather than the 3 current choices aren't quick/slow enough.

anyone have time to calculate the differences between Fast Med and Slow? i would guess it's all within 1000 milliseconds, and with that, i can't see 600ms being just right compared to 500ms.
If I didn't articulate my wish clearly enough initially, I apologize & I understand the confusion. As far as being able to fine tune the disengage speed, why not? Isn't that what the Axe is all about, fine tuning pretty much everything to get exactly what works for each individual player?

It’s a “feel” thing, and very subjective to personal opinion. SLOW is really too slow for fragments of Wah between non-Wah parts. And MEDIUM shuts off too quickly when landing momentarily in the OFF zone. I’m quite certain that a value inbetween would be ideal for me.
absolutely. i'm just curious if setting it to what we want would be consistent all night. it'd be cool to find out.

If I didn't articulate my wish clearly enough initially, I apologize & I understand the confusion. As far as being able to fine tune the disengage speed, why not? Isn't that what the Axe is all about, fine tuning pretty much everything to get exactly what works for each individual player?
the "why not" is simply the risk of adding too many parameters to any given page, making a simple task seem impossible. it's a major complaint of the Axe as a whole. at this stage, i think what gets added needs to be weighed more heavily than the Axe 10 years ago. look at some of these option pages. so many parameters, people don't know where to begin.

absolutely. i'm just curious if setting it to what we want would be consistent all night. it'd be cool to find out.

the "why not" is simply the risk of adding too many parameters to any given page, making a simple task seem impossible. it's a major complaint of the Axe as a whole. at this stage, i think what gets added needs to be weighed more heavily than the Axe 10 years ago. look at some of these option pages. so many parameters, people don't know where to begin.
Well, they do know where to start, they just don't want to. It's called the manual which explains things very well. I really don't want the Axe dumbed down for people who don't wasn't to read it. Maybe that could be a new product, the Axe Lite. Also, it would not be adding a parameter, it would be changing it from a choice of fast, med & slow to a specific numeric choice. Anyway, it's not up to you & me.

At the heart of the issue, I think there are two conflicting desires. It's natural to want to dwell at or near the low end of the sweep every now and then, for lengths of time that would be unacceptably long for an auto-disengage. Short of of an actual disengage button, I'm not sure there is any timing that would feel right for both situations.

Back
Top Bottom