Yek's Organ (preset)

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Attached is a preset dedicated to simulating an organ. I love its sound, by its own or to support the guitar part.

5 scenes have been programmed, alternating between fast and slow rotary, clean and dirty.

I use the combination of blocks which make up the organ in quite a few presets when gigging. Part of it is based on a preset by M@ (I think), mixed with my own stuff.

Have fun.

Attachments

• Yek's Organ.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 716
Very cool thank you!
Pauly

Attached is a preset dedicated to simulating an organ. I love its sound, by its own or to support the guitar part.

5 scenes have been programmed, alternating between fast and slow rotary, clean and dirty.

I use the combination of blocks which make up the organ in quite a few presets when gigging. Part of it is based on a preset by M@, mixed with my own stuff.

Have fun.

Inspired by Yek, I played with creating my own organ patch. What do I know about organs? Nothing until I read this series:

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/synthesizing-tonewheel-organs-part-1

The organ consists of 2 quad pitch shifters plus the "unison" sound of your guitar to simulate the 9 drawbars of a B3 organ.

The first pitch shifter generates an octave below, a fifth above, an octave above, and an octave+fifth above. It also passes through the "unison" signal by having a mix less than 100%.

The octave above is panned hard to one side and fed to another pitch shifter which adds the upper register voices.

A volume block after the first pitch shifter brings the two hard-panned sets of voices back together (so, a total of 5 emerge from the first pitch shifter) and things are all summed and thrown through some self explanatory blocks.

The first 4 scenes attempt to implement the drawbar settings outlined here:

https://www.keyboardmag.com/lessons/mike-finnigan-my-favorite-organ-settings

Scene 5 illustrates the filter problem / wish I posted earlier this evening.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Fractalz Organicz.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 221
Back
Top Bottom