Question about scenes on the FC-12

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Hello!

I set up my scenes layout to have an "effects" button to bring me to effects; the effects page has a "scenes" button to get me back to scenes. I'm doing this to simulate the idea of having a "manual mode" kind of like a Boss ES8 switcher (or something similar) where it lets you turn the effects on manually (not sure if there is a better/more practical way of doing this or not. Thoughts?). Seems to be working good.

My question is this. I'd love to have a master bypass of all effects. For instance, on the fly and completely random (which happens at a lot of gigs I do), I go to SCENE 1 and decide I want to turn my delay on on the fly. Sounds great. Then lets say I want my reverb on too. No big deal. Now I have both effects on, and I want to turn them both off at once. Ideally, I'd love to just hit my SCENE 1 again and have it revert to that scene which has no effects on, but it doesn't actually switch to that scene/reload it because I'm already on it. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Edit: Something else I just noticed; If I switch scenes to say SCENE 2, all is good, but if I go back to SCENE 1, those I effects I turned on prior are still on. Is this a global thing?

Last edited:
You could copy scene one to scene two and just switch to scene two and you will be reset. You do have to use up a scene but it is a pretty easy solution.

Note that you can also reload the preset by reselecting it, regardless of the Scene Revert.
Are you saying reload the preset of where I’m at, not the scene? If so, wouldn’t that just put me potentially on the wrong scene depending on where it was saved for the preset, as well as add a bigger gap because of recalling presets?

Are you saying reload the preset of where I’m at, not the scene? If so, wouldn’t that just put me potentially on the wrong scene depending on where it was saved for the preset, as well as add a bigger gap because of recalling presets?
Good point... It would take you to the default scene for the preset.

I think scene revert will go back to the original state of that scene
So if you saved delay reverb etc off and bypassed then that what you would get

I think scene revert will go back to the original state of that scene
So if you saved delay reverb etc off and bypassed then that what you would get
Yeah... Chris mentioned that above.

My suggestion (which in hindsight was not a great one) generated another question.

Question about scene revert... If I change an amp channel on my axe fx on a scene, then go to a different scene, everything is fine, but if I go back to the scene where I changed the amp channel, it winds up staying on that channel. I was under the impression that scene revert would put everything back to the original state. Am I missing something?

Question about scene revert... If I change an amp channel on my axe fx on a scene, then go to a different scene, everything is fine, but if I go back to the scene where I changed the amp channel, it winds up staying on that channel. I was under the impression that scene revert would put everything back to the original state. Am I missing something?
How exactly are you returning to the previous scene? Axe edit? Or the FC?

How are you changing the channel? Scene revert applies to FC or MIDI controller bypass/channel switching.

If you changed the channel via front panel or Axe-Edit, that would be the new channel when you go back to the scene, regardless of scene revert setting.

Axe edit is open, but I'm using my FC12 to switch back to everything.
I change channels all night during performances and Scene Revert works correctly.

As Bakerman mentions, using Axe-Edit or the Front Panel to change channels usually means you want that change to stick. You’re editing the preset (Axe “Edit”) and not just changing things during a performance. So the Revert logic doesn’t happen.

I change channels all night during performances and Scene Revert works correctly.

As Bakerman mentions, using Axe-Edit or the Front Panel to change channels usually means you want that change to stick. You’re editing the preset (Axe “Edit”) and not just changing things during a performance. So the Revert logic doesn’t happen.

I'm changing amp channels with the FC in one of my layouts. For example, I am in my SCENES layout using a sound. I go to another layout where I'm turning on effects. At that point, I also have an amp channel toggle button to change channels on the fly but keep my effects running. Then, I might go back to my SCENES layout and hit a different scene. Everything works as normal, but, if I go back to the scene where I was changing channels and effects, the amp channel remains wherever I left it before. The effects I turned on before hand don't stick, but the amp channel does for the scene. This is all being done with the FC12. I have axe edit open, but am not using it with a mouse to change scenes; only the FC12. Not sure if that matters or not.

I'm changing amp channels with the FC in one of my layouts. For example, I am in my SCENES layout using a sound. I go to another layout where I'm turning on effects. At that point, I also have an amp channel toggle button to change channels on the fly but keep my effects running. Then, I might go back to my SCENES layout and hit a different scene. Everything works as normal, but, if I go back to the scene where I was changing channels and effects, the amp channel remains wherever I left it before. The effects I turned on before hand don't stick, but the amp channel does for the scene. This is all being done with the FC12. I have axe edit open, but am not using it with a mouse to change scenes; only the FC12. Not sure if that matters or not.
this level of detail can now help us figure this out. thanks.

So, what I figured out is kinda strange. I'll name the amps to try and explain this. Scene 2 is a DC30. I switch over to a layout that has channel switching and effects available. I channel switch to a Friedman BE. Then when I go back to scene 2, it doesn't revert back to the DC30. Even if I turn on a delay after channel switching amps and go back to scene 2, the delay turns off, but the amp sticks. I can now go to scene 1 which is a DC30 and it's still a Friedman BE. This is all on a FC12. If I watch axe edit, scene 1 will go back to channel A, BUT it still says Friedman and is in fact the Friedman until I go back to the channel switching and then switch the channel back to the DC30.

Just bumping this to see if anyone might know why this could be happening or if I may have missed something. I appreciate you all!

Hello! Old bump. I'm still having this same problem. Anyone know why this could be happening? I have scene revert turned on, and any time I go to the CHANNELS page to switch a channel of the amp on a certain scene, if I go to a different scene and then back to the previous one I changed the channel on, the changes are still reflected and not correct.

ex. on high gain scene, channel switch to clean amp, switch to clean scene, switch back to high gain scene but the sound is still clean.

Any thoughts? The only thing that doesn't revert are my amps. Effects revert fine. I also just updated everything today to the latest firmwares on everything. This was also happening before on older firmwares.

Back
Top Bottom