Seeking Help with OwnHammer IR Conversion

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
I purchased 2 cab packs from OwnHammer in 2013. There are many many many folders, IR's with individual mics baked in, and mixes done by OH.

There is a folder for Axe FX II and there are wav files in the folders. Judging from the Readme file, these are the "non-minimum phase" files. There are hundreds, when I combine the two libraries 1x12 and 2x12 from the packs.

However, when I import them into Cab Manage, or when I do a batch conversion Wave to Sysex in CabLab, a large majority of the files are converted into 2 files .L and .R so, now I have almost double the number of files.

How can I prevent this separation into 2 mono tracks, from a single stereo IR capture? I want them to remain stereo all the time.

Thanks!

I purchased 2 cab packs from OwnHammer in 2013. There are many many many folders, IR's with individual mics baked in, and mixes done by OH.

There is a folder for Axe FX II and there are wav files in the folders. Judging from the Readme file, these are the "non-minimum phase" files. There are hundreds, when I combine the two libraries 1x12 and 2x12 from the packs.

However, when I import them into Cab Manage, or when I do a batch conversion Wave to Sysex in CabLab, a large majority of the files are converted into 2 files .L and .R so, now I have almost double the number of files.

How can I prevent this separation into 2 mono tracks, from a single stereo IR capture? I want them to remain stereo all the time.

Thanks!
Guessing OH must have captured some of their IRs stereo back in 2013? At any rate, Fractal’s syx format is mono only, so there must be a function in the .wav->.syx conversion logic that splits the channels into left and right files for you automagically.

If you want stereo cab you’ll have to load both the .L and .R to individual user cab slots, and then in the II’s cab block you’ll need to set it to be stereo and load the .L to the left and the .R to the right side. In the III you’d load them to two of the four available slots and then use the individual pan controls to pan them hard left and hard right respectively.

i had a similar problem and i found the tutorials on YT to be informative and helpful, particularly the ones from ... Silent Underground Studio; Cooper Carter; and ML Soundlab

Back
Top Bottom