MIDI pedal?

Mstoner

Besides the mfc101 mark iii,
What other midi board can control effects on and off and other perimeters on the axe iixl+

Pretty much any midi controller.

I've used the following:

Gordius Little Giant 2
Liquid Foot 12+ (piece of shit, never buy)
RJM Mastermind GT16 (amazing unit)

Have used succesfully Voes MC10, Behringer FCB1010 and Gordius LG2. Remained with the Gordius, even got myself a backup unit lately; as it can also handle midi in, but the Voes is excellent also. Whatever you buy check it does not just CC on/off but can also handle CC values for scene management.

I'm a big fan of the ART X-15 Ultrafoot, I'm using one since mid of the 90s! I guess that also shows that this is a very reliable foot controller ;-)
Apart from the possibility to send 128 MIDI program changes (you might expect that...) it has two assignable expression pedals and one assignable additional footswitch (I use that for a 2dB boost if my bandmates are too loud - luckily I don't need that most of the times, but it could also be use for "scene up" or so). Moreover it can be switched from "MIDI program change mode" to "MIDI control change mode" and then you have ten switches for FX on/off (assignable cc). I switch TUNER, DRIVE, CHORUS, WAH,... on/off this way. The two expression pedals are:
#1 always for volume (down fpr rythm, up for solo)
#2 for specials, most presets to blend in drive without changind the volume (I do that with two controllers in the AXE, drive up, master volume down), some WAH, some for complex changes like different rythm and solo FX settings morphing.
The expression pedals are detected with optical sensors, so no service needed the last 25 years - OK, every 5 years or so I've tightened the screws of the pedals to get more resistance...
And now the best: You'd get it second hand for 50-100.- USD!

If you care about having no latency/delay when using the looper you absolutely need the MC6
Why?

Except for controllers that offer a long-press function (aka, hold) for their switches, any midi pedal that can send the same midi CCs should be the same.

The ones that do have that feature mostly have an option to disable that...

If you care about having no latency/delay when using the looper you absolutely need the MC6
Never had any problems neither with the 3 pedals I have used (Voes, FCB1010, LG2). I think the Boss FC-300 midi controller can handle CC values also and would be a good value pedal, especially as it's not so large as the FCB that can be a PITA to carry around; anybody to confirm here ?

Another vote here. LCD screen, 6 multiple function switches, 2 extra pedal inputs, small size and cheap.

The way I look at it, the FM3 will give me 3 more switches.
Very nice but 229 for this is totally excessive; whatever be the arguments.

Very nice but 229 for this is totally excessive; whatever be the arguments.
Why?

I'm not aware of any midi controller in this price range with as big of a feature set, and I've never seen a single person post a complaint about them.

Why?

I'm not aware of any midi controller in this price range with as big of a feature set, and I've never seen a single person post a complaint about them.
A Behringer, a Voes, or a Gordius LG2 (occasion) pedal can do more for less money and do have editors also. I think this MC6 is very practical though for small boards as it's really tiny and from the quality side it really does have a good look.OTOH it's so tiny, one should take care on stage to be sure to hit the right button.

A Behringer, a Voes, or a Gordius LG2 (occasion) pedal can do more for less money and do have editors also. I think this MC6 is very practical though for small boards as it's really tiny and from the quality side it really does have a good look.OTOH it's so tiny, one should take care on stage to be sure to hit the right button.
A Behringer FCB-1010 is much less capable (IMO) and is difficult to program even if you use a 3rd party ROM.

A Gordius is going to be at least twice the cost, but I don't think there's a controller out there that's more programmable. I paid $600 used for my LGX-2, and spent months before even finding one.

The Voes pedals are nice but don't have the big LCD and the editor is for Windows only. Also, right now it appears only the mc5-jr, the mx-12 and mx-18 are being produced... And the mx models are significantly higher price ($400 for mx-12), while the jr doesn't compare at all feature wise.

I agree about the MC-6 size, though - I would not buy one myself because the buttons are too close for me.

Personally, if I needed something like this, I would probably buy the Voes because the button spacing is better and I'm a Windows user and the big LCD isn't all that important for me.

A Behringer FCB-1010 is much less capable (IMO) and is difficult to program even if you use a 3rd party ROM.

A Gordius is going to be at least twice the cost, but I don't think there's a controller out there that's more programmable. I paid $600 used for my LGX-2, and spent months before even finding one.

The Voes pedals are nice but don't have the big LCD and the editor is for Windows only. Also, right now it appears only the mc5-jr, the mx-12 and mx-18 are being produced... And the mx models are significantly higher price ($400 for mx-12), while the jr doesn't compare at all feature wise.

I agree about the MC-6 size, though - I would not buy one myself because the buttons are too close for me.

Personally, if I needed something like this, I would probably buy the Voes because the button spacing is better and I'm a Windows user and the big LCD isn't all that important for me.

If I'm right the LG2 is only available as second hand; got me one for about 300 Euro and a backup unit for 180 Euros lately. The Behringer really can do all you need for the Axe FX and it has 2 EXP pedals included (but it is so damn large...and I don't like the sizes of the EXP pedals, you need to open up the pedal to clean the plastic lid that controls the optocoupler for the EXP pedal once a year, it has no LCD screen also), but with the editor I got a lot out of that pedal (windows indeed). I had a Voes MC10 when they still were about 220 or sth like that and in a sizing that better fitted for me, it does have an LCD screen but effectively I didn't compare the sizes and nr of characters.

the big LCD isn't all that important for me.
Bidirectionnal communication is useful for the tuner with a racked unit, but if you'd have the MC3 on the ground no use for that...and BTW what to do if they indicate different pitches :eek: (no...not possible, but it was fun to write...)

Besides the mfc101 mark iii,
What other midi board can control effects on and off and other perimeters on the axe iixl+

If I had to buy a controller now (and I have an mfc) I would go for a Voes. Price-quality seems to be good, good service, Axe-compatibility AND (drumroll) also suited for AXE III. I hate also having to buy a new footcontroller if the time for me comes to buy the III. Of course I see the added options, but also the pricetag. (plus the time I spent on building the board, etc.)

kind regards, Harm

Back
Top Bottom