FX Loop

RKF

Inspired
Hey guys. I feel really stupid for not being able to figure out such a simple task, but I cannot get the fx loop to function properly on my AX8.

Dead simple setup:

Guitar --> AX8 input --> Output 2 (fx send) --> Strymon El Capistan input --> Strymon output --> Input 2 (fx return). I've attached the preset so you can see the routing. I get no delay at all no matter where I set the levels in the amp block, fx loop block or where I have Out2 level set. Do I have the grid setup properly? I'll also attach a screenshot in case the preset doesn't work.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 11.33.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 11.33.53 AM.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Fx Loop Question.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Hey guys. I feel really stupid for not being able to figure out such a simple task, but I cannot get the fx loop to function properly on my AX8.

Dead simple setup:

Guitar --> AX8 input --> Output 2 (fx send) --> Strymon El Capistan input --> Strymon output --> Input 2 (fx return). I've attached the preset so you can see the routing. I get no delay at all no matter where I set the levels in the amp block, fx loop block or where I have Out2 level set. Do I have the grid setup properly? I'll also attach a screenshot in case the preset doesn't work.

Thanks!
Put the FXL in the 2nd row to connect the out of the block to the signal chain.

The output of the FXLoop is not connected to your signal path...

You could put it in-line as @Hubertus suggests, if you want serial processing, or just connect the Output assuming you want parallel.

Thanks guys. When I put in in line with the rest of the signal chain, there's a noticeable drop in volume (even with OUT2 maxed). When I leave in the lower row with the output connected in parallel, there seems to be some kind of phasing going on. The minute I click the block off, the volume returns and sounds WAY better.

So you definitely want to use your Strymon in a parallel path?
In my experience blocks in parallel add some volume. So I would recommend to set the bypass mode of your FXL to „mute“. This should avoid the difference in volume when the FXL is engaged.
And...as mentioned above, you have to connect the output of your FXL block with the main signal chain....for example with the shunt in front of the chorus block.
Good luck!

Try parallel again with Strymon mix at maximum. Use "mute" bypass mode for FXL.

If you wanted to use series routing with dry signal running through Strymon, adjust FX Loop output level (while engaged) via "level" parameter.

Back
Top Bottom