Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I keep getting an unexpected error when trying to unzip the file. I tried 5-6 times, even renaming to just May 2019 and thing like that. Anyone else got the unexpected error? 5.07 and 1.06 on the FC
Without knowing what the error is, i have to guess.

I'm guessing you're running Windows. Try unzipping to a folder higher up in your folder structure. Windows puts a hard limit on how long a file's path name can be.

Curious about your philosophy on per-preset functions and if you plan to use them? Ive been designing my patches with the per-preset functions mapped so I don’t have to alter any other settings and they’re saved in each individual patch.
Honestly, haven't gotten that deep into FC12 yet to figure out what I think will be optimum for the way I would use/set up the per-preset functions....but when I do, will share!

Another dumb question...Purchased the pack- how do I get them on my machine? Tried via Manage Preset but I can't open sysex file.

Did you unzip them first?
Yep unzipped on desktop ready to go. Don't see on FractalBot how to tell them where to go. If they go 1-128 it will wipe my own presets. Sorry but I haven't done this before and the way my day is going I'll lose all my presets...

Tried preset manager first as AB had a video that described this way but file is greyed out and not available to open.

Command + b (mac) or control + b (windows?), then drag the file into the browser portion to have the patches displayed. Then it’s as simple as drag and drop

Last edited:
Looks like I have it loading. Bit of a leap of faith to press Begin button on FractalBot before "choose location" window pops up!!

Thanks guys for helping!

Looks like I have it loading. Bit of a leap of faith to press Begin button on FractalBot before "choose location" window pops up!!

Thanks guys for helping!

in case you want more fined tuned picking/choosing of patches and where they go, axe edit is how I do it personally.

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 10.52.34 PM.png

Bit of a leap of faith to press Begin button on FractalBot before "choose location" window pops up!!
Yes, it is. I wish you could choose all the details before hitting “Begin.”

By the way... as long as you’re worried about losing your presets... you’ve backed them up, right?

Yes, it is. I wish you could choose all the details before hitting “Begin.”

By the way... as long as you’re worried about losing your presets... you’ve backed them up, right?

Yes sir I did! Fractal veterans have been advising this since the beginning so every time I connect to Fractalbot, back it up!!!

That was the way I first tried to do it but couldn't seem to make it happen- thanks for the tip.

Yes -- in Preset Manager, you have to open the left side browser window (that starts out empty) by clicking BROWER on upper left of dialogue window, and then from the drop down menu (under BROWSER tab) click SHOW/HIDE.

That toggles that left window (which is the one that sees the presets on your computer ) open and closed. The right side window is the presets in your Axe-Fx III.

The browser window area doesn't always open automatically when you launch Preset Manager and has frustrated people from time to time until they learn this step.... I probably need to update the YouTube videos on line to highlight this....but instead, spend all my time making presets and updating for new firmwares these days instead of videos!

Back
Top Bottom