Implemented Auto-Trim and MPT in the Axe-Fx III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilarcor

Inspired
Maybe it's technically impossible but it would be great to be able to minimum phase transform or auto-trim IRs directly with the Axe. This way we could import raw IRs and transform them only if needed.
The most flexible way to do this would be "per IR". An IR would be transformed when selected in the Cab Block and saved temporarily. It could be mixed with non-transformed IRs if we wanted.
If this is not possible maybe there is a way for the whole cab block to be "MPT" or "auto-trim" which would then be applied to all selected IRs.

Maybe it's technically impossible but it would be great to be able to minimum phase transform or auto-trim IRs directly with the Axe. This way we could import raw IRs and transform them only if needed.
The most flexible way to do this would be "per IR". An IR would be transformed when selected in the Cab Block and saved temporarily. It could be mixed with non-transformed IRs if we wanted.
If this is not possible maybe there is a way for the whole cab block to be "MPT" or "auto-trim" which would then be applied to all selected IRs.
You can apply MPT in the axe by setting the smoothing knob at 0.01

You can apply MPT in the axe by setting the smoothing knob at 0.01

FAK that actually works! I need to go see how this sounds, 0.01 smoothing takes a RAW wav import with the 2ms of dead space run in and puts it right up against the front of the window, then you can still use the align knob to scoot it back out where you want it...i was about to pay $300 to upgrade wavelab elements so as to start batch processing all of the raw wav IRs and remove the lead silence...might not need to depending on how much difference the 0.01 of smoothing + MPT does to the fidelity...

FAK that actually works! I need to go see how this sounds, 0.01 smoothing takes a RAW wav import with the 2ms of dead space run in and puts it right up against the front of the window, then you can still use the align knob to scoot it back out where you want it...i was about to pay $300 to upgrade wavelab elements so as to start batch processing all of the raw wav IRs and remove the lead silence...might not need to depending on how much difference the 0.01 of smoothing + MPT does to the fidelity...
You don't need wavelab to apply MPT, just select "min-phase" in the cab manager options in axe edit

PS: trimming lead silence and minimum phase are two different things

yeah i'm trying to keep the RAW wav but get rid of the 2ms at the front...auto trim has spastic results because it picks up on noise, they all end up with different lead in amounts left, there isn't a current capability for the user to define a set trim amount for all imports...in the pack they are all like this (below), i'm looking for a batch process way to trim off that 2ms and keep it RAW. The new OH packs have the same issue, he has them all dress right dress with the same amount of lead in time...just need a way to batch trim all of them and keep them raw.

IR lead time.png

yeah i'm trying to keep the RAW wav but get rid of the 2ms at the front...auto trim has spastic results because it picks up on noise, they all end up with different lead in amounts left, there isn't a current capability for the user to define a set trim amount for all imports...in the pack they are all like this (below), i'm looking for a batch process way to trim off that 2ms and keep it RAW. The new OH packs have the same issue, he has them all dress right dress with the same amount of lead in time...just need a way to batch trim all of them and keep them raw.

View attachment 60571
Yup, encountered the same issue with some IRs, that's why I once posted a wish for a manual trim option and/or a threshold setting for the auto-trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom