Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Stoupide quaistion al, is performance mode and the mode with the amps front panel drawn available on windows?
I need to temporary use my surface tablet pc as a pedal board :)

Hey @AlGrenadine ,

Loving FracPad III... I am using it as my primary editor wirelessly via an iPad Pro 10.5 running latest iOS on my AxeFx II mk2 rig.

However, one thing that is *really* glitchy on my iPad is the screen update on the enable/disable block function. The Editor display does not correctly reflect the state of a block when I enable/disable it via a tap on the block in the editor. It actually correctly toggles the bypass (like if I turn on the chorus block this way, I can tell it is clearly on) but it is not indicated anywhere on the screen, if I switch scenes and come back it will then refresh the block on the display. It would be nice if the display were being updated correctly....

Also, along those lines, the screen tap is the only way to enable/disable a block it seems... It might be nice if the blocks had a bypass button in the mixer area were you set the bypass behavior...

Also if there was some way to force FracPad to redraw the grid aside from flip flopping scenes.... even if I have not changed anything (this may be possible now but I don't know if it is or not).

Thanks for any help and keep up the great work! :)

Hey @AlGrenadine ,

Loving FracPad III... I am using it as my primary editor wirelessly via an iPad Pro 10.5 running latest iOS on my AxeFx II mk2 rig.

However, one thing that is *really* glitchy on my iPad is the screen update on the enable/disable block function. The Editor display does not correctly reflect the state of a block when I enable/disable it via a tap on the block in the editor. It actually correctly toggles the bypass (like if I turn on the chorus block this way, I can tell it is clearly on) but it is not indicated anywhere on the screen, if I switch scenes and come back it will then refresh the block on the display. It would be nice if the display were being updated correctly....

Also, along those lines, the screen tap is the only way to enable/disable a block it seems... It might be nice if the blocks had a bypass button in the mixer area were you set the bypass behavior...

Also if there was some way to force FracPad to redraw the grid aside from flip flopping scenes.... even if I have not changed anything (this may be possible now but I don't know if it is or not).

Thanks for any help and keep up the great work! :)
Hi,
Check the sync bypass states setting ;)

Guys,
I'm facing a dilemma, due to new restrictions in the framework i use :
- Continue using an old version of the framework, hence loosing ability to produce faster and better app
- Use newest framework versions, but not beeing able to stay compatible with 32 bits iOS devices (old iPads and iPad minis). That would mean those devices could only access FracPad III 3.14 and lower.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for helping me on this choice

Like all things technology today, older os and systems are only supported up to a point. Users shouldn't expect that an ipad2 or iPhone 5 is capable of continual app updates forever. It is just the nature of the beast. I use an iPad mini with fracpad I will still be able to use it up to 3.14, I'm not going to throw a tantrum. I also have newer iPads so it doesn't really matter.

Do what you need to to keep developing the app.

Cheers
Anthony

Hey Al,
I just bought the app (mostly because of my AX8 even though i should also try connect to my III) and it is incredible.
One thing i want to know:
I was sticking on firmware 9 on my AX8 because it had not these switching noises when changing some amps.
How can i deselect the automatic Firmware Update function in your app?

Hey Al,
I just bought the app (mostly because of my AX8 even though i should also try connect to my III) and it is incredible.
One thing i want to know:
I was sticking on firmware 9 on my AX8 because it had not these switching noises when changing some amps.
How can i deselect the automatic Firmware Update function in your app?
Hi,
You can't, but when proposed to update you can dismiss.
I'll add an option to check firmware ;)

Hey Al, checkin in with an issue I brought up while back ...below is some excerpts to save you time looking back in the thread. update after these quoted messages:

sync bypass has been turned on. check. updated MD-BT01. check
Today fired things up. I should mention my exact sequence today. earlier i had my equipment on and turned off 'poll presets/cabs' so when i turned on my axe fx > midimittr > fracpad III this was not engaged. went to preset with looper. I got normal playback! volume was back to normal; however this time the modifiers linked to my expression pedals wouldn't work.

closed app, refreshed midmittr connections and still wouldnt see the expression pedals. tried another preset to test the expression pedals...same result. not registering.

Decided to restart Axe Fx, fracpad/midimittr and made sure fracpad was set to initate with poll presets/cabs. sidenote - i had usb cable still plugged into back of axe fx but disconnected on other end. just in case, i tried unpluggin from axe fx as well.

this time everything was working perfectly. So wondering if it has to do with polling preset/cabs mid session where there is some gap in midi communication? I'm just spitballin' on this.

edit: after playing awhile I switched preset via my MFC101 and the expression pedals stopped registering again. Just about every preset where I have delay or drive, my two expression pedals control the input levels. not sure what is happening??

MD-BT01 has been updated. I haven't tried a USB connection. That's a good idea to rule out if its a bluetooth issue. I need to get a camera connection kit to test it out. I'm really hoping its not a blutetooth problem. Whole reason i got all this to start. I'll let you know once i get a chance to test this out. Cheers

A follow up with some issues I was having with FPIII and the MD-BT01...I was noticing strange behaviour at times with the expression pedals hooked up to my MFC-101. At times FP stopped recognizing them...so I would just restart FP and refresh settings on midimittr.

Yesterday was playing and when I use my dedicated expression pedal for Wah (auto engage); my preset volume suddenly spiked. I tried looking at all the blocks , using FP, to see where the Change occurred. But I suspect now that I should try looking at AXe FX front panel to see where changes are made. Perhaps at that point FP is no longer reflecting properly.

I'd describe the volume spike as if your GEQ within the amp block suddenly resets or the amp level suddenly turns up.

Continuing to monitor and see where things are getting buggered up.

I decided to screen shot every block with Axe edit before i experience the problem. Consistently, when using Fracpad III with the MD-BTO1 and engage my external 1 controller it seems to send some other unwanted midi signal where my volume spikes. I then closed Fracpad. Turned on Axe edit and compared to my previous screen shots and found the issue! Somehow, when i engage my external expression pedal 1 (dedicated wah) it was switching my Reverb x/y states. That is where the volume spike was originating?? confused.

I have followed instructions about usb adaptor/ and fracpad setup. I better check to see expression 1 on the MFC/Axe is somehow messed up...

Hi there. Can I download fracpad III and start with this app or do I have to get fracpad first and Then upgrade to fracpad III
PS I use iPad
Best Regards to All of you ,!

Back
Top Bottom