FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Well, IF the parts where sold out from under Fractal's agreement - that's another matter. But the communication from FAS could be way more concise, and more often.

Not a huge complaint, I'm in the same boat as others. But it certainly does have the appearance of FAS not knowing what's going on when it comes to their business and wait list.

In the end, it's not the end of the world.

Well, IF the parts where sold out from under Fractal's agreement - that's another matter. But the communication from FAS could be way more concise, and more often.

Not a huge complaint, I'm in the same boat as others. But it certainly does have the appearance of FAS not knowing what's going on when it comes to their business and wait list.

In the end, it's not the end of the world.

I think expectations about how much communication is owed by some on this forum are being set to unreasonable levels. Situations evolve. Things happen beyond FAS's control. Shipments get stuck in Customs. Capacitors get in short supply. Shit happens. Deal with it.

People continue to form opinions here and most will continue to be wrong because they're based upon speculation, hearsay and lack of information. There's way too many armchair CEO's that think they know what's going on or what Fractal should do.

Nothing that anyone directly associated with Fractal has said could lead anyone to the conclusion that they don't know what's going on with their business. Might be a good idea to check sources and read more than the last couple pages of a thread before offering your 2 cents. You may end up getting change back.

Here's the deal...

The Axe III is not an inexpensive unit.

It is purchased by many live performers.

To perform live, one almost always needs a foot controller.

The FC series was a selling point of the Axe III, and is easier to program than 3rd party midi controllers.

It sucks to have an Axe III sitting around and waiting for a FC before you can use it live.

That is really the issue. And I'm sorry, but I have ZERO interest in messing around with or paying for a 3rd party controller, which is a PITA, when the FC and its implementation was a selling point of the Axe III. I had enough programming fun and labeling with the MFC-101. Thanks.

Last edited:
Here's the deal...

The Axe III is not an inexpensive unit.

It is purchased by many live performers.

To perform live, one almost always needs a foot controller.

The FC series was a selling point of the Axe III, and is easier to program than 3rd party midi controllers.

It sucks to have an Axe III sitting around and waiting for a FC before you can use it live.

That is really the issue. And I'm sorry, but I have ZERO interest in messing around with or paying for a 3rd party controller, which is a PITA, when the FC and its implementation was a selling point of the Axe III. I had enough programming fun and labeling with the MFC-101. Thanks.

Everyone is frustrated most of all Fractal

But since Matt just said the expectation is to clear the list by end of Q2 And thats the info they provided back in Feb. lets give them the benefit of the doubt here before
Saying BS. IMO

Anyone have any idea how far ahead the FC-6's are compared to the 8/9/19 date for the FC-12's?

That's the date for both FC-6 and FC-12. Because more people choose the FC-12, we were sending extra FC-6 invitations for awhile, but for now, things are on an even keel. Also, with delays in the parts needed to build the FCs, plus continued rapid growth of the list while we've worked it down, I need to adjust my forecast about when the list might be cleared to August.

Thanks for the update. It really helps hearing this sort of information regularly.

That's the date for both FC-6 and FC-12. Because more people choose the FC-12, we were sending extra FC-6 invitations for awhile, but for now, things are on an even keel. Also, with delays in the parts needed to build the FCs, plus continued rapid growth of the list while we've worked it down, I need to adjust my forecast about when the list might be cleared to August.

Yeah I’m with you I’m waiting for the FC 12
I have read we’re some people have both but I don’t remember we’re I had read the post.
With the 12 I should have plenty of choices :):guitar:
Wow!! I just got my “invitation after 7 month wait.. It will be in my working station very soon yay!!! I’m so happy!!!

There is nothing wrong with waiting. You get more joy out it.
I buy a scratch off, I don't scratch it... I wait. I put it in the front pocket and I win. I figure out how I will spend the money, who gets nothing, if I'll retire. I get a scratch off and a dream.
Once I scratch it off and get nothing..... then that's it. It's the dream you should be enjoying.

And waiting for Santa... all month of December.... wonderful.

I'm on at least a 2 year wait for KOT pedal. Love it. The Axe4... I would join tomorrow.

There is nothing wrong with waiting. You get more joy out it.
I buy a scratch off, I don't scratch it... I wait. I put it in the front pocket and I win. I figure out how I will spend the money, who gets nothing, if I'll retire. I get a scratch off and a dream.
Once I scratch it off and get nothing..... then that's it. It's the dream you should be enjoying.

And waiting for Santa... all month of December.... wonderful.

I'm on at least a 2 year wait for KOT pedal. Love it. The Axe4... I would join tomorrow.
Hey it’s the little things lol:D
When I’m not waiting I’m working on the insurance from Hurricane Michael.
It doesn’t take much an Fc12 will differently put a smile on my face and give me more to think about rather then our Storm wrecked house.
Life is good! :)

I think expectations about how much communication is owed by some on this forum are being set to unreasonable levels. Situations evolve. Things happen beyond FAS's control. Shipments get stuck in Customs. Capacitors get in short supply. Shit happens. Deal with it.

I love posts like this. I captain an airliner, and I have pretty extensive experience with "dealing" with things. Nothing is owed to me as a FAS customer, except, in my mind, some honesty. If they've been honest, great. But I get to state my opinions just like the rest of us. So, Mr. Steve South, enjoy dealing with that. ;>)

People continue to form opinions here and most will continue to be wrong because they're based upon speculation, hearsay and lack of information. There's way too many armchair CEO's that think they know what's going on or what Fractal should do.

Nothing that anyone directly associated with Fractal has said could lead anyone to the conclusion that they don't know what's going on with their business. Might be a good idea to check sources and read more than the last couple pages of a thread before offering your 2 cents. You may end up getting change back.

Thanks, Joker, that was funny.

Fact is, if a sudden shortage affects your business, that's a facet of said business where you don't know what's going on.

My statement wasn't based on here-say, it was based on an email to me from a FAS employee. It was also wildly inaccurate - to a surprising level - from someone "in the know." Hence my disappointment. And that disappointment includes having read this entire thread and a multitude of others, as well as the emails from Fractal.

A swing and a miss by the Joker, but that's ok. Everyone has to get an at-bat once in a while.

Look, I'm not pissed off. I'm providing accurate customer feedback to FAS based on my experience. Don't like it? Disagree with it? Fine. But don't be a righteous dick about it. Try being funnily passive-aggressive. It's way more fun.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Not sure if this is allowed, but anyone who has an active invite for an FC-12, but I'd willing to buy one off of you for the actual cost of the unit + actual shipping + extra cash via PayPal.

Located in Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom