AFIII Am I losing it?

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Does anyone hear anything weird in these clips? 4 different clips, 4 amps dialed in very similar. Going for the that classic British/EL84 thing. I'm convinced imosong my mind/ears but I swear something is off.

sounds fine. i think you're over-thinking some of the bits that would fill up a mix, which sound a bit offensive hearing guitar only?

sounds fine. i think you're over-thinking some of the bits that would fill up a mix, which sound a bit offensive hearing guitar only?
Perhaps, but I swear I hear a phase thing happening...(using factory it's from the same set so there's no ignment issues)

Yep, amp block and cab block only, no advanced tweaking
Are you getting the same effect with other guitars? My only guess would be your pickup height might be a little high and could be pulling at the strings on your pick attack? I’ve never heard that effect before, so that’s all I got. Sorry you’re dealing with that man.

Are you getting the same effect with other guitars? My only guess would be your pickup height might be a little high and could be pulling at the strings on your pick attack? I’ve never heard that effect before, so that’s all I got. Sorry you’re dealing with that man.
Does this with all guitars...Suhr, Charvel, Tele, two different Gretsch

Last edited:
If you're close to your III, could you record a simple clip of any of either the Matchless or Morgan into one of your Vox cabs and let me hear what it sounds like on your end?

Does anyone hear anything weird in these clips? 4 different clips, 4 amps dialed in very similar. Going for the that classic British/EL84 thing. I'm convinced imosong my mind/ears but I swear something is off.

do you hear the phase thing in all 4 clips? it really sounds normal to me.

Something in your playback path, perhaps?

Sounds to me like your "pick technique" ....

The way I hold my guitar pick there's very little of it sticking out beneath my fingers. Sometimes when I make an aggressive downstroke both the pick and my fingernail hit the strings at approx. the same time ....

It sounds very similar to what's happening to you ?

Sounds like high input gain to me, either the main input gain or on the amp block settings? Are you using boost in the amp block? If not maybe try lowering Input Drive and Saturation drive and add amp boost set on Shimmer Drive. Again post a preset and may link a tone you're after.

Back
Top Bottom