Axe-Fx 3, FC controllers and FM3 compatibility

Hey all.

So at the moment the only product available in the U.K. is the AXE-FXIII, controllers coming soon then assuming the FM3.

My Current rig is AXE-FXII & MFC controller as my main rig, but carry an AX8 as a backup, feel the need to do this when doing wedding gigs and high profile stuff as the thought of a unit failure during a gig does worry me.

The plan is to update my entire rig to current products, so I'm about to order my AXE-FXIII in preparation for the controllers becoming available.

So finally my question is:

If I have an AXE-FXIII running with an FC12 and an FC6 connected, if for any reason the AXE-FXIII failed would I be able to drop the FM3 on the floor, connect to the same controllers and carry on, or even decide at very small gigs to just take the FM3.
From what I have discovered the FC's read the setup from the main units, so I'm thinking that if the AXE and FM3 send the info then the controllers should respond?

Hoping someone can answer this in prep for them becoming available.

Cheers guys.

Hey all.

So at the moment the only product available in the U.K. is the AXE-FXIII, controllers coming soon then assuming the FM3.

My Current rig is AXE-FXII & MFC controller as my main rig, but carry an AX8 as a backup, feel the need to do this when doing wedding gigs and high profile stuff as the thought of a unit failure during a gig does worry me.

The plan is to update my entire rig to current products, so I'm about to order my AXE-FXIII in preparation for the controllers becoming available.

If I have an AXE-FXIII running with an FC12 and an FC6 connected, if for any reason the AXE-FXIII failed would I be able to drop the FM3 on the floor, connect to the same controllers and carry on, or even decide at very small gigs to just take the FM3.
From what I have discovered the FC's read the setup from the main units, so I'm thinking that if the AXE and FM3 send the info then the controllers should respond?

Cheers guys.
The FC controllers will connect to the FM3.

Hey all.

Cheers guys.
That's the whole idea. The programming is in the "head". Plug and go.

How / where are the fm3 switches configured with reference to the fc6 and 12. The fc6 is “half” the 12 space so is just the left half of the config screen and effectively the spare slots are “there just not configured”. Would the fm3 switches offset this config at all?

That's awesome, so if I have both the AXE-FXIII and the FM3 then both will utilize the same floor controllers without any reprogramming.
This just makes the whole thing much more useable than my current rig.

Cheers

That's awesome, so if I have both the AXE-FXIII and the FM3 then both will utilize the same floor controllers without any reprogramming.
This just makes the whole thing much more useable than my current rig.

Cheers
But if the controller fails neither rig will work. Just a thought.

the FM3 is not a controller. it is not meant to control the Axe3.

not sure why you're talking about gear failure?

Good call on the floor unit failing, although my ultimate goal is to have an FC12 and an FC6 so doubtful both would fail at the same time.
Also Could get by with the AXE-FXIII (which I have just ordered by the way :) and change scenes manually, just to get me through the gig.

And for those who think units don't fail ever then just scour this forum lol

Good call on the floor unit failing, although my ultimate goal is to have an FC12 and an FC6 so doubtful both would fail at the same time.
Also Could get by with the AXE-FXIII (which I have just ordered by the way :) and change scenes manually, just to get me through the gig.

And for those who think units don't fail ever then just scour this forum lol

Yep; you’ll have to scour hard ... it’s as rare as hens teeth, and often another environmental situation (like direct sun in a parking lot on a 100f day) is at play.

Is anything perfect? No. Have a BUp if it’s that important/critical. That’s why I keep spare strings, picks and tools.

Lol, exactly.

I'm dragging my gear round 30 plus gigs a year from big events to tiny pubs. Spent a morning last week cleaning hay out of my rig from a marquee wedding. Just like to know that if the unthinkable happens I can get through the night and worry about it the day after.
Kinda feel that when we are being payed decent money at a wedding we should have all bases covered.

Anyway, I digest :) so the AXE III and the FM3 can both use the same floorboard without and re-configuring, awesome.

Back
Top Bottom