FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Not so sure adding $200 is going to sell a lot of these. The Voes MX12 is a great alternative for less if the price on the FC12 jumps $200.

I am hoping we would get the price that was at the time we got on the list.

The current approach is also not selling a lot of them. And based on the supply, the most recently listed FC6s sold for double the original price and the only listed FC12 is listed at $1800. I'd gladly pay up to $200 more than Fractal's current list price for a 12 and I'm sure that a lot of other people would pay more if given the opportunity and access. They'd surely sell more units that way vs their current approach. It's sad that they can't/won't supply enough FCs to meet the needs of Axe III owners.

The current approach is also not selling a lot of them. And based on the supply, the most recently listed FC6s sold for double the original price and the only listed FC12 is listed at $1800. I'd gladly pay up to $200 more than Fractal's current list price for a 12 and I'm sure that a lot of other people would pay more if given the opportunity and access. They'd surely sell more units that way vs their current approach. It's sad that they can't/won't supply enough FCs to meet the needs of Axe III owners.
I don't think a lot of people would agree with your logic... and I bet you can't count on your hand how many F12s have been sold for more than double the originating cost. A lot of people are doing what they can to get just the AF3 and may not be able to pay $200 more than the adverised price for the controller. . That inference may even offend some folks. I get that you are excited and impatient, but you have to let the system work and trying to buck the system will not win you many friends here. I have been on the wait list since January.

I have gotten a Voes MX12 that is really working well for me now and I didn't pay $1800 for it.

It's sad that they can't/won't supply enough FCs to meet the needs of Axe III owners.
This statement reads like you think this is a conspiracy contrived by Fractal Audio to keep you from getting an FC. It's not a matter of they won't supply or sell them.

I'm more than certain that Fractal would love to sell an FC to every person waiting for one as much as you want to buy one. It's more money in the company's coffers. The problem is if they can't get the parts to build them then they can't sell them no matter how motivated they are to sell them.

Complaining about it and placing blame really isn't going to get you anywhere or win you any friends. I waited nearly 9 months for mine.

Capacitor shortage... It's putting a crunch on a lot of electronics...

I can promise you, once you get an FC-12, it will heal the pain of the wait instantly!

Last edited:
For the record, I think part of the frustration is that they are allowing people to buy multiple FCs instead of limiting their order to a single product. Seeing people sell these on reverb for a huge profit is really frustrating.

This statement reads like you think this is a conspiracy contrived by Fractal Audio to keep you from getting an FC. It's not a matter of they won't supply or sell them.

I'm more than certain that Fractal would love to sell an FC to every person waiting for one as much as you want to buy one. It's more money in the company's coffers. The problem is if they can't get the parts to build them then they can't sell them no matter how motivated they are to sell them.

Complaining about it and placing blame really isn't going to get you anywhere or win you any friends. I waited nearly 9 months for mine.

For the record, I think part of the frustration is that they are allowing people to buy multiple FCs instead of limiting their order to a single product. Seeing people sell these on reverb for a huge profit is really frustrating.

One for sale on Reverb and one on Ebay isn't much of a blip on the radar.

The limit is two FCs per invitation. You would have to have been on the wait list more than once to be able to buy more than that.

The best way to combat this activity is for people not to pay their inflated prices. If enough people get stuck with gear the prices will come down.

Last edited:
Wow, thx. I’d seen that but thought it was no longer updated since it was so far behind and seemed stuck at July 2018... ouch!

According to an e-mail I received just two days ago ".. we are expecting to wrap up the wait list completely within the next 5-6 weeks."

According to an e-mail I received just two days ago ".. we are expecting to wrap up the wait list completely within the next 5-6 weeks."

Well, sorry, I’ll call BS on this one. I got the word from Fractal this would occur in Q1 of this year.

Missed it by a mile. They had to know, at the time, about chip/capacitor/resister/whatever shortages that would affect manufacturing - let alone deliveries.

I guess we’ll see.

My take? Everything Fractal says (made with the best intentions, I’m sure) is taken with a healthy amount of salt.

Well, sorry, I’ll call BS on this one. I got the word from Fractal this would occur in Q1 of this year.

Missed it by a mile. They had to know, at the time, about chip/capacitor/resister/whatever shortages that would affect manufacturing - let alone deliveries.

I guess we’ll see.

My take? Everything Fractal says (made with the best intentions, I’m sure) is taken with a healthy amount of salt.
So they knew that the parts they ordered would be sold to someone else when they became available? People want answers and Fractal has attempted to offer them when they're able and been forthcoming regarding the reasons for the delays.

When they do offer an anticipated time frame and something out of their control occurs, like a manufacturer selling parts out from under them, they are blasted for not following through and comments like yours are made suggesting that somehow they knew or should have known it was going to happen. I don't know about you but that would make me a bit more tight lipped when it comes offering any more information or anticipated shipping dates.

Back
Top Bottom