A stupid question I'm sure

Claude M

Inspired
Hey guys. I've set up my AX8 so that buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 are scenes and buttons 5, 6, and 7 are effects (comp, chorus and drive pedal). My question relates to for example, if I switch to scene 3 which is my Freidman BE without any effects saved to the scene and I click on the drive pedal (switch 7) to engage the drive to play, then I switch to scene 1 which is my clean sound and then click back to scene 3 (Freidman BE), the drive pedal is active. It's not saved wit the scene but because I engaged it when I clicked scene 3, everytime I come back to scene 3, the drive pedal is engaged, which I don't want. Same happens if I engage the chorus pedal in scene 4 and move to scene 1, when I come back to scene 4, the chorus pedal is active. How do I change this so these pedals are not saved as 'on' in the scene?

One more question please Yek. I'm using a PEQ block for a solo boost with a 4db boost bump in the mids (as mentioned on this forum a few years ago). The discussion is, some people place the PEQ after ther cab, some at the end of the chain (as in my screenshot). Is there a correct placement for this block? If you look at my attached screenshot, if I put it after the cab, 4db level boost will apply to anything after that correct (delay for solos) and do I want that? If it's at the end of the chain, the delay doesn't receive this db boost - or does it?

Attachments

• PEQ.png
    PEQ.png
    308.8 KB · Views: 17
Is there a correct placement for this block?

Boosting before delay/reverb will avoid volume jumps in repeats/trails of what you just played when the boost is switched on/off.

Other than that the placement often won't matter. One exception might be when using delay drive, where input level affects the amount of distortion. In that case you may want to try both locations and decide by ear.

One more question please Yek. I'm using a PEQ block for a solo boost with a 4db boost bump in the mids (as mentioned on this forum a few years ago). The discussion is, some people place the PEQ after ther cab, some at the end of the chain (as in my screenshot). Is there a correct placement for this block? If you look at my attached screenshot, if I put it after the cab, 4db level boost will apply to anything after that correct (delay for solos) and do I want that? If it's at the end of the chain, the delay doesn't receive this db boost - or does it?
I think it's better to place it before delays and reverbs cuz the trails of what you were playing before will remain unchanged when you engage it.
Before or after the cab doesn't matter, it's exactly the same.

Sorry - I keep forgetting to ask ALL the questions I need answered! So in my pic attached, would you place the block in between the chorus and delay/reverb or before the chorus? If I want chorus for a solo, should it go before the chorus/delay/reverb blocks then?

Sorry - I keep forgetting to ask ALL the questions I need answered! So in my pic attached, would you place the block in between the chorus and delay/reverb or before the chorus? If I want chorus for a solo, should it go before the chorus/delay/reverb blocks then?
It's basically the same.

Anyway I noticed something else in your screenshot that's maybe unwanted.
The chorus block signal doesn't enter into the delay and reverb blocks, to do so you should move it one column to the left or manually connect it to both reverb and delay blocks

It's basically the same.

Anyway I noticed something else in your screenshot that's maybe unwanted.
The chorus block signal doesn't enter into the delay and reverb blocks, to do so you should move it one column to the left or manually connect it to both reverb and delay blocks

Awesome thx for both those answers. I didn't even pick up on the chorus thing!

Back
Top Bottom