Implemented Front panel encoders programmable

Randalljax

Axe-Master
one thing that is really cool
About the AX8 is having the control knobs

I thought I had read early on that the 5 knobs under the screen would become global and you
Would be able to program them to any parameters you like
Bass mid treble etc or verb mix
Lo cut ,hi cut in cab block

This would be great to see implemented for quick adjustment
Of the top 5 10 user parameter

Would be really cool to have an option to have a user selectable knob page, or two

Basically any assignable knob functions for any given effect all on one page

Maybe one for OD gain, flanger depth, amp BTM, delay time, reverb mix etc

Instead of having to go to different blocks just have all the stuff you want to adjust all in one handy spot

bumping this up ,, it's been a while since I have heard anything about a performance mode

any updates on this one that can be shared ,is it still in the cards?

just curious as it would be a killer feature

Bump. +1 - this would be great to not have to go diving if I'm at a gig and just need to crank the gain on my amp a bit or tame the tone on my drive pedal, or maybe even set up one "page" of performance mode to the 5-band Mark GEQ.

There's a couple neat ways this could be implemented, too.

1) You could have the block name under the knob and push it to get to the block's main page where you could edit the various parameters.

2) Each knob could be independently assigned; that is, knob 1 would be delay 1 mix level, knob 2 would be drive 1 gain, knob 3 would be the Amp's Mark 5-band GEQ 750Hz level, knob 4 would be Amp 1 Master Volume, and knob 5 would be Reverb 1 time. Just a for instance :)

All sorts of things you could do with a per-preset or per-scene knob scheme...

Bump. +1 - this would be great to not have to go diving if I'm at a gig and just need to crank the gain on my amp a bit or tame the tone on my drive pedal, or maybe even set up one "page" of performance mode to the 5-band Mark GEQ.

There's a couple neat ways this could be implemented, too.

1) You could have the block name under the knob and push it to get to the block's main page where you could edit the various parameters.

2) Each knob could be independently assigned; that is, knob 1 would be delay 1 mix level, knob 2 would be drive 1 gain, knob 3 would be the Amp's Mark 5-band GEQ 750Hz level, knob 4 would be Amp 1 Master Volume, and knob 5 would be Reverb 1 time. Just a for instance :)

All sorts of things you could do with a per-preset or per-scene knob scheme...

I like option 2
Per preset would be killer so
You could have say Studio and Live presets for live you may want

Gain. Level. Gate threshold
Fx mix. Low cut. Eq on/off
Drive mix etc etc

I think its probably coming
But probably quick difficult and time consuming to implement also now you have the new FM3 in the mix

I think its probably coming
But probably quick difficult and time consuming to implement also now you have the new FM3 in the mix

I’m sure it’s difficult, but, I think part of the point of the FM3, is the shared UI and modeling, which should allow development to be transferred across the product platforms.

The FM3 would be an ideal form factor/usage for assignable performance knobs, and said development should easily port to the III as your working with the same encoders, display etc.

I’m sure it’s difficult, but, I think part of the point of the FM3, is the shared UI and modeling, which should allow development to be transferred across the product platforms.

The FM3 would be an ideal form factor/usage for assignable performance knobs, and said development should easily port to the III as your working with the same encoders, display etc.

Agreed The FM3 would benefit from a performance mode as well big time

Hopefully fingers crossed it gets implemented in the next couple if month they have working on it for a long time and i think its going going to be very cool

I wonder if the MLM and layout links
Perform might be part of it

Agreed The FM3 would benefit from a performance mode as well big time

Hopefully fingers crossed it gets implemented in the next couple if month they have working on it for a long time and i think its going going to be very cool

I wonder if the MLM and layout links
Perform might be part of it

Certainly would be cool as an option to have a layout bring up certain knob parameters. Certainly cases where one wouldn’t want that as well, but I think it would be cool if you had, say a layout with amp and drive channels, where you also had parameters come up for drive, input gain etc, and then if you switched to a layout with effects blocks, you knobs changed to things like delay time etc. Basically allow your choice of knob settings to relate to what your turning on/off with the foot switches

Back
Top Bottom