How do you storage your guitars?

I moved to the Vegas area four years ago and quickly realized that maintaining the moisture level with humidifiers in my guitar cases in a 10% humidity environment is no fun task. So i converted a walk in closet to my guitar storage room. I chose the Hercules GSP38WB/GSP39WB hangers. They have worked well with no issues.

Here's a write up on my humidifier journey: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/my-humidifier-journey.121301/#post-1658768

s7BSqll.jpg

wfkyeKZ.jpg

aDYqVJp.jpg

hb80F3y.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted a system that allowed me to put my guitars on a wall, but in a more efficient way, as I don't have that much wall space, so they had to be mounted sideways.

nEZEYqD.jpg

Since this system required some drilling and I didn't want to turn my wall into Swiss cheese I opted to fix the brackets to a wooden board and mount that board instead to the wall, as that would require less holes to drill. I'm not a big fan of rack stands anymore as I find those to increase wear and tear on my guitar builds.
I did the same thing for the exact same reason :)

Except my hangers aren't the fancy right-angle ones that you have...

Whenever I see a band on stage place their guitars like that I always go WTF, dudes, you couldn't even spring a couple of bucks to buy a couple of guitar stands? Beer money is a bigger priority? And in your case, you can afford an Axe FX, but not guitar stands? :p

If they don't get played they get sold.

A sound policy, but what is the timelimit on that? Or the limit in general. Some people say more then three is too many guitars, others draw the line much higher. I know a guy who has almost a 100.

I wanted a system that allowed me to put my guitars on a wall, but in a more efficient way, as I don't have that much wall space, so they had to be mounted sideways.

nEZEYqD.jpg

Since this system required some drilling and I didn't want to turn my wall into Swiss cheese I opted to fix the brackets to a wooden board and mount that board instead to the wall, as that would require less holes to drill. I'm not a big fan of rack stands anymore as I find those to increase wear and tear on my guitar builds.

Check out String Swing's slat wall rail hanging systems. I've got 12 feet of this stuff in my office.
https://www.stringswing.com/category/products/slatwall-rail-systems

Thanks so much for this @Admin M@!!! This is a perfect solution for me!! Modular, expandable and customizable, inexpensive and functional!!! I will make a double 'wall' similar to what @Muad'zin has here.....I have a bunch of the 10-guitar Hercules stands but with over 50 guitars, these are no longer the best solution. These slat walls will work perfectly! Thank you!! Any pic of your arrangement so I can get some ideas?

All mine is hanging on the walls. For quick grab'n'play. Most guitars are on the slant walls:

View attachment 54934

I use Woodies Guitar hangers on the slant walls in between the absorbers: http://www.woodieshanger.com

View attachment 54935

View attachment 54936

Works really well and don't have that "storage" vibe. I want the music/guitar room to be a cozy and creative place. Not "storage".
Looks like you set up your studio in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon!

Back
Top Bottom