Update on the FC12? I got the FC6 but this FC12 seems to be a biaatch to get.

Some of us waited almost a year; complaining isn’t going to get those ceramic capacitors made faster, be glad they’re not cutting corners and putting the cheapies in there.

Do you know that this is still the holdup though?

Admin M@ posted this last month:

The FC-12 production run is finished. Full-blown invites should resume at a good clip next week.

If the production run is finished, how can it still be a capacitor shortage issue?

Do you know that this is still the holdup though?

Admin M@ posted this last month:

If the production run is finished, how can it still be a capacitor shortage issue?

Cliff posted that there is still a ceramic capacitor shortage worldwide if I recall correctly

might be more than one run? It doesn't really matter what the cause is, things will happen when they happen. patience my friend, everything is a test of equanimity.
Patience is all we have after Hurricane Michael 10/10/18 (living in our driveway). Things happen and we have no control over them.
So if it is a capacitor that is the problem no big deal, no one has any control over any of this. Believe me I want an Fc12 like everyone else.
But more then that we want a home so things can be worse. Let’s all keep things in prospective and it will happen.
Keep a positive attitude and smile it will happen when it happens.;):)

Our CM got screwed by a supplier. The supplier took the capacitors that we had ordered and sold them to someone else for 50x the price. Needless to say I’m not happy. This is the typical BS we deal with in China. Fortunately we’re supposed to get some in a week or two.

Our CM got screwed by a supplier. The supplier took the capacitors that we had ordered and sold them to someone else for 50x the price. Needless to say I’m not happy. This is the typical BS we deal with in China. Fortunately we’re supposed to get some in a week or two.
I hope they come in and there aren’t any problems with the new tariffs that are supposed to take effect on everything shipped from China.
Thanks for post that :)

Well I would like to to say thank you for that. I would gladly understand paying my fare share only when it comes my time in the line.:)

Does FM3 use the same capacitors? If so, are you giving the FM3's priority over the backlogged FC's?

Cliff, thanks very much for the transparency - it means a lot. I hope everything works itself out. I'm sure you are just as frustrated as all your eager customers. :)

Yes. That’s why I asked. Not encouraged by lack of a response.

Even if they did use same parts
The FM3 chassis are likely done and getting ready to ship
If the plan is to send out to customers in June/july

I dont know a lot about building overseas but containers coming in and going through customs probably takes more than a couple of weeks

I could be completely wrong though

well it is mother's day and what do you want them to say. hands are tied, you know who to thank for that

I’m wondering if they redirected their limited supply of capacitors to the new FM3 as opposed to using them to fulfill the FC waitlist first. If they do that (and I have no idea if they are) how would their “hands be tied”?

I’m wondering if they redirected their limited supply of capacitors to the new FM3 as opposed to using them to fulfill the FC waitlist first. If they do that (and I have no idea if they are) how would their “hands be tied”?

Matt said prior that they expected to clear the waitlist by Q2 which ends in June the fact that the supplier sold their caps if they were in that order is not their fault

Back
Top Bottom